would love to have my evo turn on automatically.....but cant

bklynberry

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Former bb addict now switched over to the HTC evo, there was a feature that I enjoyed and saved battery life for me. I would set an alarm, later turn off the phone and it would notify me that the next time it would turn on was for the scheduled alarm time. I've done numerous searches but to no success. Anyone know what I'm referring to?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know what you're referring to, and it doesn't work like you think it does, really.

The phone must be on for it to be able to know what time it is. Your blackberry was simply in an extremely low power state (Appears to be off, but it isn't).

Android automatically does something similar every time the screen's off (as long as some app isn't keeping it awake), so that's the best you'll get.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The closest you'll get to that is Airplane Mode... and turn screen off. You'll lose like 1% the whole night.

bklynberry

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I didn't even know about airplane mode kedar thanks will try if tonight, not really looking to have emails and texts coming in lata at night . Love my evo but that's one of the features I definitely miss. Go to sleep with full charge wake up to roughly 70-75% battery.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
You may want to try a program called Tasker in the marketplace. It will allow you to put the phone into airplane mode at a set time and turn it off at a different time. Lots of other cool features as well. It's like a cron job setting app for Android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87