Unrevoked and new update ?

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
There was a post somewhere here where the developer said yes. But to be honest, I'd wait it out and see what happens before jumping in. You'll probably know if there are problems within a day. My update hasn't come through yet. I was actually going to root today with unrevoked but I want to first see what happens.

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
good point. i guess ill wait. i love how i was on the fence about rooting for so long and when i finally do it they do this crap haha

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
if i can get this update without unrooting im gonna be one happy camper.. if i cant get this update im gonna flash a custom rom to get the cap removed anyways (hoping i will not have to)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Is it even necessary to update? Personally, everything that the updated "fixed" isn't really an issue with me.

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Confirmed: This OTA will undo your root, but unrEVOked 3.21 will be able to restore it.

so does this mean it will unroot and then we can go ahead and just unrevoke again which is pretty easy in the first place.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well if the only thing the update is fixing is the cap I've already fixed that by rooting. I don't think I will bother with this update. Yeah rooting was easy, after it was all over but I don't wanna do it again, just rooted 2 days go! LOL

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
this will unroot your phone. then you can unrevoke again (which takes little to no time if you have everything plugged in correctly)

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like I'll skip this update unless it contains some miracle solution that isn't available in some of the uncapped ROMs that I'm using now on my rooted phone.

marko358

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I see no benefit to do this update since I've already rooted. Not sure why some of you are wanting to unroot to get this update.

championart

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I see no benefit to do this update since I've already rooted. Not sure why some of you are wanting to unroot to get this update.

The thing is, not everyone roots their phone so that they can use other roms which might included the FPS uncapping. So for those who enjoy the stock rom but root their phone for other purposes this update would be important as it includes the FPS fix.

Now my question is does this update break rooting? And if so where can people find the update to flash it to their phone? Thanks in advance.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Now my question is does this update break rooting? And if so where can people find the update to flash it to their phone? Thanks in advance.

So far it seems that the answer is yes, you will lose root if you apply the update. However, you will be able to root again with Unrevoked after the update. This could change if the official update is something other than version 3.29.651.5.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, not everyone roots their phone so that they can use other roms which might included the FPS uncapping. So for those who enjoy the stock rom but root their phone for other purposes this update would be important as it includes the FPS fix.

Exactly. Thanks. Update not available for me yet.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22