problem with flash since ota.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i'm stock, ran the OTA update,
and visited Colbert site.
it worked fine

and now i have another page to add to Bookmarks.
..he should have declared his candidacy...i'd have voted for him.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with cnet but with older rom 3.26.651.6 Baked Snack 1.7. It had flash version 10.1.92.8. Updated to 10.1.92.10 then rebooted but still no change. So it isn't because of the OTA. Gonna try the flash from the market.

Updated to latest flash 10.1.95.1 and still voice lag in cnet. FYI I'm using Dolphin HD to view. The same video on youtube.com plays fine.

Last edited:

iknownothing

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I might try flashing that hulufix.zip (from the link above) a bit later to see if that simple step works. Do a nandroid backup first, of course.

Edit: I just flashed that zip file (hulufix.zip), and it fixes the problem perfectly. I think it will require root to do it, though. I downloaded the zip to my phone and flashed it within RomManager.

Forgive my newbieness, but what Rom are you running? I'm wondering if this is as simple as rooting the phone, installing "rom manager" and using that. Were there any more steps?

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my newbieness, but what Rom are you running? I'm wondering if this is as simple as rooting the phone, installing "rom manager" and using that. Were there any more steps?

I'm running Stock ROM, rooted with unrevoked. Just install RomManager after, and flash the zip from your SD. Make sure not to check either of the boxes for wiping your data. The fix works perfectly.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I just verified with a friend's EVO that flash works before applying the recent update. It did, we checked cbs, etc. We applied the update and now those sites have the audio issue.

Has anyone found a solution yet, or know how to make Adobe aware of this?

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I just verified with a friend's EVO that flash works before applying the recent update. It did, we checked cbs, etc. We applied the update and now those sites have the audio issue.

I sent a message to HTC....they got back to me with general instructions to clear my Adobe Flash data and restart, which made no difference.

The only "fix" I've found is that I redownloaded Skyfire - I can still watch TDS and Colbert on that browser.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

Did you not read my solution. Works great, but you have to be rooted. I love the smoothness of The Daily Show after the update... used to be really herky-jerky.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I sent a message to HTC....they got back to me with general instructions to clear my Adobe Flash data and restart, which made no difference.

The only "fix" I've found is that I redownloaded Skyfire - I can still watch TDS and Colbert on that browser.

I received another response from HTC, which was:

Thank you for your reply. To my understanding when you go to thedailyshow.com or colbertnation.com the sound seems to be off. It seems this would be a problem with the sites and not the phone, since the flash player works fine with other sites such as cnn.com. I have tested those websites with another Android phone and I got the same results. You may want to download a different browser from the Android Market. Due to the complex nature of this matter I believe we could provide the information you need faster and more efficiently via telephone. You may also call our Technical Support department at 866.449.8358. Of course if you?d rather continue via email I am more than happy to provide whatever assistance I can.

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What HTC should understand is that those sites work fine before this MR. I had an EVO this morning and ensured it worked fine on all sites I tested (like CBS). I then applied the update, tried the sites again and the audio does not work correctly.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
What HTC should understand is that those sites work fine before this MR. I had an EVO this morning and ensured it worked fine on all sites I tested (like CBS). I then applied the update, tried the sites again and the audio does not work correctly.

I did respond and told them that I contacted them rather than Adobe for exactly that reason.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issue as everyone else, I just redownloaded Flash Player 10.1 off of the Marketplace last night and all seems to be working fine this morning. Watched some videos off CNN and MSNBC and I had video and audio and they were synced pretty well. Hope this helps

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, but then again we can't necessarily put the blame on one company (HTC, Adobe, Google, etc). If a software/hardware company makes a change, they can't necessarily test every variable for negative impacts. And for all we know at this point is there's only a mere few websites that are having this audio issue. We can't really blame HTC if they don't check to make sure Comedy Central videos play fine with every update, right? :cool:

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Did uninstalling Adobe Player and redownloading from the market fix the sites in question? LIke cbs?

CNN is working for me, but most other sites are not. CBS is a good one to check.

Bigfame

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, CBS is acting really weird. The video plays just fine, but the audio is all off. SOunds like it has been slowed down. Says video is not optimized for Mobile Devices

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante