On behalf of the doubters, I'd like to apologize.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I never said it publicly, but I was a doubter. I didn't think the removal of the 30fps cap would be a big deal. I didn't think it would make the UI seem more responsive or be a big deal in some games that ran well already. Well, I was wrong.. and I'd like to apologize on behalf of all the people who doubted those who said it would make a difference.

Please accept this apology on behalf of all the doubters, we were wrong.. We promise not to question you again.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
glad someone had the balls to say it. The doubters on this site and android forums had pitchforks out for all the people complaining about the 30fps cap. Glad to see everyone is happy.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am just finishing the update. How am I going to notice this FPS change? I'm not a gamer.. will I see the difference?

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am just finishing the update. How am I going to notice this FPS change? I'm not a gamer.. will I see the difference?

You should see a difference in just the scrolling along, I noticed mine is snappier too. Just start playing with it, you'll see. I'm not a gamer either.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Scrolling between your home screens, moving up and down pages in your browser, are both way more smooth. I also have the Multitouch Vis Test app, and the response time to the touch is significantly improved as well. Even my pulldown on the lock screen seems quicker and more responsive.

JM22508

May 13, 2010
Visit site
For me it was one of those things I just didn't know I was missing out on. I never really had any issues with the cap, but am shocked at how much of a difference the update made. I've noticed that games that use the accelerometer for movement are more difficult now!

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
For me it was one of those things I just didn't know I was missing out on. I never really had any issues with the cap, but am shocked at how much of a difference the update made. I've noticed that games that use the accelerometer for movement are more difficult now!

Same here.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

I feel the same way. I didn't have a problem with the cap before, but now that I've gotten the update it seems like a brand new phone again.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
i have to say: I'm not seeing much of a change.

lol!:d

It is much faster, smoother in transitions, scrolling and games.

I'm still a doubter; wasn't some huge phone-changing fix. I don't scroll my apps list all day.

It's in everything you scroll, home screens, web pages, app lists. Really cannot stand this negativity in this forum. Makes me wonder if these people own EVO's.

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781