I hope all Sprint techs are not this incompetent

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
After a bit of procrastination I took my evo into a sprint store to have both the screen separation and the faulty micro usb port issues addressed. After the 'tech' looked at it he brought the front part of the phone out for me to look at and showed me that the usb port was very loose and easy to move (thus breaking contact with the board) and that because this was "always" caused by user error he would be unable to swap it out. His examples of said user error were things such as "talking on the phone and texting while the cable is plugged in". Apparently simple use equates to "user error" according to sprint. I informed him that my phone only EVER charges in a stationary position on my desk while I sleep (I also insert and remove the usb cable gently - I'm not new to electronics) and he apparently thought of that as "user error" as well. I didn't feel like arguing and figured I'd be better off calling sprint tomorrow, so I left. I just discovered at home that, on top of his unwillingness to help me, he actually managed to make the light leak worse when he took the phone apart. I now have light leakage all the way across the bottom (underneath all four buttons) as opposed to half way across like it was before (under the first two buttons).

What do you guys think sprint will do for me when I call them? Anything? Or will I be stuck paying a hundred dollar deductible because they have no desire to help a customer after their 30 day return period?

edit: I talked to my gf whose defective pre he "fixed" as well, and he basically broke that as well. Apparently his method for fixing the headset mode issue was to completely disable the headphone port. She can no longer even plug her headphones in...

Last edited:

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Umm.. Ya.. You're a nicer man than me. I would have flipped out. Very few things piss me off more than someone that acts like they know what they're talking about or doing but in reality are 100% clueless. I'd walk right back into that store, demand to speak to a manager, threaten to speak to a DM if you have to, and demand it taken care of. That's ridiculous.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
just go to a different store and you can point out that this is a common issue with phones and mention that daily use DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ABUSE. Ask him to show you in the terms and warranty policy book that came with the phone where is says " not to use or handle the phone while it is plugged in !!!!" Make them show you something in writing where it says you can not use your phone in this manner as it will result in voiding the warranty.

I am having a similar issue with my speaker on my evo... They consider any particles as foreign objects..... Foreign material other then liquid should never reach the speaker unless it is forcefully put there. It is a defect in the design. I notice the the front speaker has a better grill on it and other htc phones also have a better grill on them.

Cubanjinx

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I would worry about would be ANY type of evidence this noble may have left while disassembling your phone. If you take it to another store they could just pin it on you for tampering with the phone and thus try to void your warranty

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I would worry about would be ANY type of evidence this noble may have left while disassembling your phone. If you take it to another store they could just pin it on you for tampering with the phone and thus try to void your warranty

Just politely say that you took it to another sprint store and they were unable to help you and were rather rude and that you demanded your phone back.

There is one store in my area where almost ever time I walk in it is a problem.. You would think I would have learned my lesson and not go in there anymore.... I already have to drive an hour to get there the next closest one is another 20 mins on that.

Worse case if you complain enough to sprint on the phone chances are they will send you a new phone anyways. It might take a week or two of *****ing but hey sometimes thats what you got to do.

Post up and let us know how things turn out. I am curious

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I would speak to his manager or another employee at the store. That guy does not deserve to be a tech if he can fix a basic problem or doesnt care enough to help a customer.

Not all Sprint techs are like that though. The guy that sold me the Evo actually tipped me off to the next upcoming shipment and was very helpful with moving my number from T-Mobile (T-Mo and I had a bad break up :(). Just keep trying until you find someone who will fix your Evo and your gf's Pre too.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Just politely say that you took it to another sprint store and they were unable to help you and were rather rude and that you demanded your phone back.

There is one store in my area where almost ever time I walk in it is a problem.. You would think I would have learned my lesson and not go in there anymore.... I already have to drive an hour to get there the next closest one is another 20 mins on that.

Worse case if you complain enough to sprint on the phone chances are they will send you a new phone anyways. It might take a week or two of *****ing but hey sometimes thats what you got to do.

Post up and let us know how things turn out. I am curious

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I already have to drive an hour to get there the next closest one is another 20 mins on that.

Worse case if you complain enough to sprint on the phone chances are they will send you a new phone anyways. It might take a week or two of *****ing but hey sometimes thats what you got to do.s

Yeah, I'll have to drive 40 or so minutes to the next nearest Sprint store. Not the end of the world, but still a hassle. I think that will be my best bet though, seeing as how when I tried to deal with my gf's pre situation over the phone I waited two weeks for a phone that never came, only to be told when I called back that "the equipment swap couldn't be authorized over the phone and that's why you never received the phone" (even though the guy I talked to "authorized the equipment swap" over the phone...)

Sprint seems to be going out of its way to lose customers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos