Music widget not saving spots in songs.

Issues with music apps/widgets restarting songs from the beginning after unpausing?

• Total voters

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I think it probably is a pretty serious issue to anybody who listens to pod casts , audio books, radio shows, etc. It makes the phone almost unusable for that for me at least.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
This is driving me crazy. I use a bluetooth so I don't have to fiddle with the dang phone. I'm outside working with noisy equip, so I pause the player. During quiet moments, I take it off pause, now I have to clean up my hands, pick up the phone, attempt to find the position it was in. All this fiddling is ridiculous.

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I am having all sorts of issues with anything music on my phone. Mp3 keeps starting and stopping songs and trying to play more then one at a time. Also I will get a song playing and turn the phone on standby and then google speak to search comes up. THen on my Pandora it won't keep playing for more then a few seconds and starts and stops songs. Never had problems in the past.

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Seems from the poll most people are having the problem. I'm guessing the 2 that haven't had it either haven't had it paused for long enough or don't listen to mp3's long enough for it to be an issue.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Mine is fixed! BeyondPod has a Beta and it's handling the placement correctly again. (thanks to DesertSilver for his/her post).

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just uninstalled Google Listen and reinstalled and the bug seems to have not come back (well at least not in the last two days). Might have just been lucky the last couple days though.

alche

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all the fixes, some of them will make it work for a day or so, but never permanent for some reason. I contacted HTC support, very friendly and fast, their response "This was changed with the Android 2.2 update. We are currently investigating the reason behind this behavior, and as soon as a fix is developed, you will receive an update to your device."
So they do know of it and are working on it, but we podcasters don't get any immediate relief yet.

jonagard

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been able to get around the issue by:

- installing MixZing
- unmounting the sd card and rebooting (as mentioned in a previous post)
- and then turning on the "Leave Process Active" setting under MixZing's preferences

I've been going for a week now with no issues. Every time I start a song it begins where it left off. Umounting the sd card and rebooting did not fix the issue for the default music player on my phone. Turns out I like MixZing a lot better anyway.

I suppose it's possible the unmounting and reboot was not required. But if I recall correctly, I tried leaving the process active before the unmount/reboot and it still started from the beginning each time.

I've noticed no decrease in battery life due to leaving the process active.

We have two Incredibles in my family, and this workaround worked for both of them.

wessock

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I guess in a way it's good it affects more than one model. That makes it a bigger priority issue that will hopefully get fixed sooner.

karlrock

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
winamp

i really like the Winamp widget and use it, however, it has the same problems as the native music app.....starts over from the beginning after pausing it for some time. hate that !!!!

Legalize it

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Bumping this thread. I just downloaded the new WinAmp from market on 12/1/10. Left a one hour music file on pause all day long @ the 30 minute mark, starting it again every hour or two. It is definitely holding the place for me on my phone. I hope it will work for everybody else that was frustrated by this issue.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried winamp and ran into the same problem. I tried downloading all the players i could in this thread and others and all restart the mp3s at the beginning. By accident i found a solution that works for me.
I had poweramp installed, and it reset when i hit play from the widget. I found that if i open the app it said the position (so does the stock player) and if i hit play it started from that spot as long as i opened the poweramp app first. one time i plugged in the audio cable to the car before starting the mp3 playing and it resumed from the right spot with the app not open. It saves my place for over 24 hours no problem, i just plug in the wire and it starts right where it should.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech