What Calender do you use?

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been running searches and it seems that the calender in the market called Jorte gets alot of praise, but i cant get my google calender in sync with it. I can't understand why there is not a way to sync birthdays and anniversaries from your contacts in gmail to the calender on your phone. so i went on my laptop and started to enter all this stuff in with google calendar but now i cant get it to sync with my phone. Anyone found a way to do this, if so what calendar app are you using to get this done, thanks

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Jorte. make sure in Jorte settings you set it to sync with "Google Calendar" and not its own "Jorte calendar" which is app/device only. Jorte gives you both options and you need to pick "Google Calendar" to sync.

also - unless this was recently fixed - you need to add birthdays on the PC side Gmail contacts. adding birthdays on "People" did not sync. on Gmail Calendar PC side make sure you add the "Contacts Birthdays" calendar. then on Android Calendar and Jorte make sure you show all appropriate calendars in settings. same goes for "Holidays".

good luck.

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
the only calendar it gives me the choice to see is pc sync. and i set jorte to google calender but it doesnt have a spot for me to sync it with mine. i dont know i must be ******ed or something (not meant to be offensive to anyone just a figure of speech)

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Jorte simply pulls data from Android Calendar (assuming correct setting). if it's not in Android Calendar - it won't show up on Jorte.

are your events showing up on Android Calendar? try hitting refresh?

also - go into Android Calendar and look at Menu-->Calendars and Menu-->Settings. what do you see? you should see you@gmail.c0m as a calendar option and you should make sure it's selected.

can you get your Gmail?

I.R.R.V.

May 29, 2010
Visit site
i could get me gmail but it didnt show me the calender option, i just got annoyed and did a hard reset on my evo and now everything synced up properly.....its the hard way perhaps but seemed seemed easier at the moment...lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante