Moving from Palm Centro

Ronald

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I are receiving our Evos this week. :D

However, we are both comming from Treos (a Centro and a 700p). I have searched the forums and cannot find the answer to our question -- is there a simple way to move our calendar and contact information to the Evo?

We appreciate your help. Please note that we are trying not to have to purchase a program to make the transfer, if possible.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Generally the easiest and most common method is to get your calendars up on Google Calendar any way you can. And then the EVO can simply sync that right down for you.

hatfield

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Why not just sync them to Outlook from the Palm devices and then sync them to the new devices using the HTC sync program that comes on the Evo? That's what my wife and I did. It was done quickly and efficiently and, most importantly, accurately. We came from a 700P and a Pixi, just about the same situation as yours.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Why not just sync them to Outlook from the Palm devices and then sync them to the new devices using the HTC sync program that comes on the Evo? That's what my wife and I did. It was done quickly and efficiently and, most importantly, accurately. We came from a 700P and a Pixi, just about the same situation as yours.

You can use Google Calendar Sync to sync your Outlook Calendar to the Google Calendar which will then update your phone automatically without hooking it up to the computer. It won't sync contacts though but I couldn't get that to work through HTC Sync either.

I use Google Calendar Sync to keep my desktop, laptop and phone calendars all matched up.

Ronald

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for all the suggestions. :cool:

Unfortunately, my wife's personal information is kept in Palm Desktop, and her work information is in Outlook behind some serious firewalls. Further, she only wants to have her personal contacts and calendar on her phone. Importing her personal information into her work Outlook is pretty much frowned upon. (I have all of my personal information on my work's Exchange server, so its not an issue for me. I'll just set up an account on mail and sync e-mail, contacts and calendar. I'll figure out notes and tasks down the road.)

It seems that importing anything into her Outlook is a non-starter. Is it possible for me to somehow set up calendar, task, note and contact sub-folders on MY outlook for HER information, and sync only those with her Google account? My wife is excited about the Evo, but wants me to transfer all the information so it just works. Being a noob, I appreciate any more help you can give.

ffastffrank

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Centro Data xfer to EVO and EPIC

My wife and I both are converts to new android phones and are facing the same issue. We have been using the Palm Desktop once in a while. The Sprint store send our contacts over, but only contains names, phone numbers and email addresses. None of the additional data was included.

I linked Centro and EVO via Bluetooth and tried to send a contact via Bluetooth. The were linked, but data did not xfer.

Any Ideas????

Thanks in advance for any help, ffastffrank

LynnL

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
So, basically, your wife wants to go from Palm Desktop to Google for Contacts and Calendar? I think there was a tool for Pre users to do just that -- you should be able to find it somewhere, or ask on PreCentral. (Tell them you are going from the Centro to the Pre, not the EVO :)

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So, basically, your wife wants to go from Palm Desktop to Google for Contacts and Calendar? I think there was a tool for Pre users to do just that -- you should be able to find it somewhere, or ask on PreCentral. (Tell them you are going from the Centro to the Pre, not the EVO :)

IT IS NOT A TOOL - IT IS A PROGRAM !!! Actually there more of them
go there:Palm webOS Sync : Palm USA and choose what will work for you...

ffastffrank

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Centro Data to HTC EVO & EPIC

Thanks for the ideas, but we are on Palm OS and I don't think Web OS will help.

I tried to use Bluetooth to transfer Contacts and the Palm OS and Android devices discovered and linked OK, but data would not transfer when I selected "Send" in Bluetooth mode. Not sure why no data transfer?????

Has anyone ever transferred a contact via Bluetooth to a Android device???

hk-usp45

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually, there is no difference for you if it web os or Android. You need to use one of those program to sync you Palm Desctop to your Google or Exchange account. From there Android or Web Os will work fine. Otherwise you are out of luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital