Why does my HTC Evo 4G have a huge cluster of dead pixels in the middle of the screen?

BreeBebe

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I bought my HTC Evo 4G off of eBay a month ago. It was perfectly fine until I dropped it on my bathroom floor. My phone did not get a scratch and you cannot even tell it was dropped. However when I picked it up it almost looked as if their was a big stain in the middle of my phone a group of dead pixels that practically covers my whole screen! I have ran pixel fixer many times, and I DO NOT want to have to send it back..Is their anything I can do to fix this issue? 72.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You don't have to crack the screen to damage it. I would guess the impact of the fall damaged the LCD screen internally. You can also see damage like that on screens where there was excessive pressure (like, for example, if someone pressed down hard on a laptop screen).

Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to fix it yourself. If it completely impedes the normal usage of the phone, you're probably looking at replacing the LCD at a cellphone repair shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12