Turn up earphone volume

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this question has been answered. Is there a way to raise the earphone volume higher than the factory settings? Sometimes, I have the volume turned all the way up, and it's still not loud enough. I have an Iphone 3G, and the volume is louder on that device than my EVO.

Is there a specific app., or any alternative means to do this? Thanks in advance...
Scribe

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere on hear about a "hearing aid" mode, which is turned on somewhere in the phone settings. It makes the in call volume I think 20% higher and from what I read, people liked it a lot more! Thats all I remember, hope this helps

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere on hear about a "hearing aid" mode, which is turned on somewhere in the phone settings. It makes the in call volume I think 20% higher and from what I read, people liked it a lot more! Thats all I remember, hope this helps

^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's not how hearing aid mode works (it uses higher-frequency audio to make it seem louder on hearing aids).

There's no real way to turn the audio up any higher without using some sort of custom ROM to make like a preamp equalizer setting. But if you don't think its very loud, you either have extremely expensive headphones with high impedance (which are meant to be used with amps), or you have ear damage.

pedromartinez1983

May 18, 2010
Visit site
hey i use a pc software called mp3 gain and i connect my phone and adjust the volume on my mp3. it does the trick i raise the D.B betweeen 102-105 now my evo bumps like an ipod

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
hey i use a pc software called mp3 gain and i connect my phone and adjust the volume on my mp3. it does the trick i raise the D.B betweeen 102-105 now my evo bumps like an ipod

I believe the OP is talking about the speaker/earphone for phone calls. Not the speakerphone for music.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My apologies, I wasn't clear enough. My question re: the volume for listening to music, podcast, and the multi-media audio files.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy