1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn up earphone volume

I apologize if this question has been answered. Is there a way to raise the earphone volume higher than the factory settings? Sometimes, I have the volume turned all the way up, and it's still not loud enough. I have an Iphone 3G, and the volume is louder on that device than my EVO.

Is there a specific app., or any alternative means to do this? Thanks in advance...
    Scribe

I remember reading somewhere on hear about a "hearing aid" mode, which is turned on somewhere in the phone settings. It makes the in call volume I think 20% higher and from what I read, people liked it a lot more! Thats all I remember, hope this helps

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by DonnieAles View Post
    I remember reading somewhere on hear about a "hearing aid" mode, which is turned on somewhere in the phone settings. It makes the in call volume I think 20% higher and from what I read, people liked it a lot more! Thats all I remember, hope this helps
    ^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

That's not how hearing aid mode works (it uses higher-frequency audio to make it seem louder on hearing aids).

There's no real way to turn the audio up any higher without using some sort of custom ROM to make like a preamp equalizer setting. But if you don't think its very loud, you either have extremely expensive headphones with high impedance (which are meant to be used with amps), or you have ear damage.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

A lot of times a simple repositioning of where you're placing the speaker is all that's needed.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

hey i use a pc software called mp3 gain and i connect my phone and adjust the volume on my mp3. it does the trick i raise the D.B betweeen 102-105 now my evo bumps like an ipod

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by pedromartinez1983 View Post
    hey i use a pc software called mp3 gain and i connect my phone and adjust the volume on my mp3. it does the trick i raise the D.B betweeen 102-105 now my evo bumps like an ipod
    I believe the OP is talking about the speaker/earphone for phone calls. Not the speakerphone for music.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

My apologies, I wasn't clear enough. My question re: the volume for listening to music, podcast, and the multi-media audio files.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by pedromartinez1983 View Post
    Is mp3 gain the name of the actual program?

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by scribe4food View Post
    My apologies, I wasn't clear enough. My question re: the volume for listening to music, podcast, and the multi-media audio files.
    Oh okay. Funny cause I find my EVO to be louder than the 3G and 3GS phones I've compared. Were you comparing the same files?