Bluetooth problem.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I love my Evo and all that jazz, but it seems that it has issues with my headset. Every so often it will stutter. Bad. Like a buffering music stream. For about a whole minute, then it will be fine. It only does it with the Bluetooth headset, handset and wired headset works fine. Does anyone else have this issue, or know what is causing it?

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you're talking about bluetooth headphones? I have a Motorola S9's and they stutter and break up when Im walking in certain areas at work and they work fine at my desk.

I would say its radio interference.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have two headsets, Jabra 8010 and Motorola S305, both do this. I've always assumed it did this when a different app was updating something in the background (mail?) and that my media player couldn't handle two things at once. I'm using BeyondPod to listen to podcasts. What media player do you use?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that bluetooth works best in line of sight so if your device is in your pocket or even on the opposite side of your body it can cause interference.

Later,
Dave

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind that bluetooth works best in line of sight so if your device is in your pocket or even on the opposite side of your body it can cause interference.
Later,
Dave

Good reminder. Mine is on the same side of my body as the phone. I'm remembering that when I had WM5 and used a program called PocketPlayer on a HTC phone, I had this problem (old memories). The audio would have a skipping every 15 minutes or so.
OP, does this happen with the installed media player? I've never used what came with the EVO.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If I have my EVO in my pants pocket the bluetooth is horrible (Jabra BT8010). If I put it in my shirt pocket it is better but still skips, probably because I have it in my left shirt pocket and headset on right ear. If the phone is away from my body, it works great, even when not directly in sight. My old WinMo phone worked fine with the phone in my pants pocket.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth is not the best way to stream music anyway. I play music in my car, it totally lacks the bass. Some where it lacks the data stream.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not during music. It's during calls.

"Like a buffering music stream" does not mean "My music is buffering."

Mughato

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have the same thing on my EVO with Jabra BT8040. Voice calls start on the headset, then drop to the handset. I think its a software conflict with one of the apps I downloaded from the market. It doesn't matter what ROM I load, when I re-install all my apps from the market with appbrain, its back again.

I am in the process of trying to find the app responsible [in my case, not necessarily yours]. It would be nice if there was a list of BT 'unfriendly' apps....

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a new headset to see if that fixes my issue. I bought a Jawbone Icon, seemed like a damned good headset.

EeZeEpEe

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
So I bought a new headset to see if that fixes my issue. I bought a Jawbone Icon, seemed like a damned good headset.

It should work perfectly fine. I'm using an original Jawbone and I've had now problems at all. Sound is consistent and connections always stays.

Trun

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
So got my new headset, and the problem happened again today. Really with I could figure out what is causing this.

uscman2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My phone still can't connect to my car's bluetooth. I've tried everything, even got a replacement phone, but nope. I've tried an HTC Hero with my car and it works perfectly, as does my iphone. The Sprint store rep tried their EVO with my car and the same problem.

HTC told me there shouldn't be an issue... Infiniti (my car company) says it has to be the phone. It's annoying, it was one of things I was most looking forward to with my new car. Too bad.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been through 4 Motorolla S9 HD, (on my fourth pair) and having issues out the door with the current set. With the past 3 sets, they started off working fine. Within a couple of months I would start having problems pairing. Would have to do resets, unpair S9 HD etc, etc. Then music through the mp3 player would constantly skip (every other word). I would re-pair. finally I would get a constant beep as if the headset was either turning up or down the volume. I would then return the headset under manufacturer warranty. I have a Jabra BT 8040. It is capable of streaming music. I've had it since they came out years ago. To date, no problems streaming music. I occasionally have problems initiating calls with the Jabra, where the phone/Jabra headset seems to hang endlessly. Anyone with a suggestion.
Yes, once the MFG warranty expires, no more S9 HD for me. Its so irritating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair