Does Evo 2.2 automatically restore Market apps?

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I have an Evo with 2.2 installed. I rooted it, performed a backup, and wiped it.

For some reason, Market apps aren't auto-installling/restoring. I thought that in 2.2, that would be the case?

When I signed in to my Google account, I didn't have any option to check to allow Google to back up my data.

Isn't 2.2 supposed to allow you to backup/restore your downloaded apps?

imekul

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Hmm...

You know, it looks like it's a feature in CyanogenMod. That was my first taste of Froyo, so I guess I assumed it was built in to 2.2. But I also thought I read something about 2.2 including auto restore or whatnot.

aditya

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Purchased apps will restore when you go to the downloads area in the Market, but free apps from your prior image won't show.

If you have it rooted, you should use Titanium Backup or any other backup solution to backup all you apps prior to flashing a new ROM. Then it is two steps to restore - installing Titanium Backup and doing a simple batch restore from the backup app.

I have been doing this a lot as I played around with a couple of different ROMs, and the restore worked every time, and is great if you use apps like LauncherPro because your configuration of screens etc will restore as is.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup always fails for me.

Are you making sure to click the problems button first before performing your restores? Pressing the problems button before hand fixes busybox which is needed for your app restores.

I have used it several times with great results.