1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default im new to android......

i just switched from my palm pre to the EVO today and i have a question....is there a way to stop certain services from starting up....like i dont need voicemail to start up since i use YouMail. and i harldy ever use Sprint Navigation....

will this require root? i was very much into homebrew and patches from WebOS. it was soooo easy to do. im guessing its not as easy with android.....does Android have something similar to WebOS Doctor incase i screw up my phone?

Yes it would require root. No, there isn't anything exactly like WebOS doctor, but there's a few things similar. Mostly once you get a custom recovery with nand unlocked you're fine.

That said, all the apps you see there are just suspended, cached, in case you need them. It doesn't mean any of them are running or using resources.

Thats right since 2.2 I've since learned to ignore the apps that start up because when you close them they start right back up even with a task manager which I don't use either.

Since ur new .. rooting ur phone, flashing roms, and all those stuff may seem really hard.

The easiest way is unrevoked. Just google it. Get unrevoked3 with clockword mod, then get unrevoked forever. Follow the instructions one step at a time and you can do it really quick and efficent.

After u do that go on the market and get tittainum backup... it covers everything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Im going to try those unrevoked instructions. Ive always been to scared to root mine.

How about Autorun Killer? Seems to work for me.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

another question....if i wanna put ringtones on my phone.....what folder should they go in?

Global Posts
    1,161 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Im going to try those unrevoked instructions. Ive always been to scared to root mine.
    I was too until the unrevoked came out. I have a mac so everything was all included with no extra drivers to install and such. Once I got going it's actually quit easy to root and flash roms (thanks to the all the great work from people much smarter than me )
    Samsung Galaxy S ll Epic 4G Touch [FF18]

I rooted my wife's phone yesterday in under 3 min. Full Nand and everything. Search for the one click forum on how to root with unrevoked.

Sent from my Sprint Evo 4g using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by david7598 View Post
    another question....if i wanna put ringtones on my phone.....what folder should they go in?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...15-2010-a.html

i just switched from my palm pre to the EVO today and i have a question....is there a way to stop certain services from starting up....like i dont need voicemail to start up since i use YouMail. and i harldy ever use Sprint Navigation....

will this require root? i was very much into homebrew and patches from WebOS. it was soooo easy to do. im guessing its not as easy with android.....does Android have something similar to WebOS Doctor incase i screw up my phone?
    why not just let them go? they never hurt nobody.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I have another question lol is there any way to control the volume of the clicking sound the keyboard makes when u type on it. I'm a heavy txtr and I like the click sound..but other people think its to loud lol.

I have another question lol is there any way to control the volume of the clicking sound the keyboard makes when u type on it. I'm a heavy txtr and I like the click sound..but other people think its to loud lol.
    yes. you can turn it off. i think settings---->sounds------>keyboard.

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

He wasn't asking if there was a way to turn the sound off, he was asking if there was a way to turn the sound down. I think you just have to turn the main sound down when you are txting, then turn it back up when you are done. There may be a sound control app out there that handles this, but I haven't really looked into it.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Well if u read my other post...my phone no longer clicks.....

It doesn't really matter..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk