i just switched from my palm pre to the EVO today and i have a question....is there a way to stop certain services from starting up....like i dont need voicemail to start up since i use YouMail. and i harldy ever use Sprint Navigation....

will this require root? i was very much into homebrew and patches from WebOS. it was soooo easy to do. im guessing its not as easy with android.....does Android have something similar to WebOS Doctor incase i screw up my phone?
    10-01-2010 11:11 PM
    Yes it would require root. No, there isn't anything exactly like WebOS doctor, but there's a few things similar. Mostly once you get a custom recovery with nand unlocked you're fine.

That said, all the apps you see there are just suspended, cached, in case you need them. It doesn't mean any of them are running or using resources.
    10-01-2010 11:36 PM
    Thats right since 2.2 I've since learned to ignore the apps that start up because when you close them they start right back up even with a task manager which I don't use either.
    10-02-2010 12:10 AM
    Since ur new .. rooting ur phone, flashing roms, and all those stuff may seem really hard.

The easiest way is unrevoked. Just google it. Get unrevoked3 with clockword mod, then get unrevoked forever. Follow the instructions one step at a time and you can do it really quick and efficent.

After u do that go on the market and get tittainum backup... it covers everything.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-02-2010 01:13 AM
    Im going to try those unrevoked instructions. Ive always been to scared to root mine.
    10-02-2010 01:22 AM
    How about Autorun Killer? Seems to work for me.
    10-02-2010 01:42 AM
    another question....if i wanna put ringtones on my phone.....what folder should they go in?
    10-02-2010 11:30 AM
    Im going to try those unrevoked instructions. Ive always been to scared to root mine.
    I was too until the unrevoked came out. I have a mac so everything was all included with no extra drivers to install and such. Once I got going it's actually quit easy to root and flash roms (thanks to the all the great work from people much smarter than me )
    10-02-2010 11:43 AM
    I rooted my wife's phone yesterday in under 3 min. Full Nand and everything. Search for the one click forum on how to root with unrevoked.

Sent from my Sprint Evo 4g using Tapatalk
    10-02-2010 11:43 AM
    another question....if i wanna put ringtones on my phone.....what folder should they go in?
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/wall...15-2010-a.html
    10-03-2010 07:39 AM
    i just switched from my palm pre to the EVO today and i have a question....is there a way to stop certain services from starting up....like i dont need voicemail to start up since i use YouMail. and i harldy ever use Sprint Navigation....

will this require root? i was very much into homebrew and patches from WebOS. it was soooo easy to do. im guessing its not as easy with android.....does Android have something similar to WebOS Doctor incase i screw up my phone?
    why not just let them go? they never hurt nobody.
    10-03-2010 07:48 AM
    I have another question lol is there any way to control the volume of the clicking sound the keyboard makes when u type on it. I'm a heavy txtr and I like the click sound..but other people think its to loud lol.
    10-03-2010 09:48 AM
    I have another question lol is there any way to control the volume of the clicking sound the keyboard makes when u type on it. I'm a heavy txtr and I like the click sound..but other people think its to loud lol.
    yes. you can turn it off. i think settings---->sounds------>keyboard.
    10-03-2010 09:51 AM
    He wasn't asking if there was a way to turn the sound off, he was asking if there was a way to turn the sound down. I think you just have to turn the main sound down when you are txting, then turn it back up when you are done. There may be a sound control app out there that handles this, but I haven't really looked into it.
    10-03-2010 10:02 AM
    Well if u read my other post...my phone no longer clicks.....
    10-03-2010 01:12 PM
    It doesn't really matter..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    10-03-2010 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD