Custom Evo LED Colors..

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thats because its a tri color LED. Red, Green, Blue.
If you want orange it will do Red and Green to make the Orange.
Wait, is that right. anyway, its possible to see 2 colors when looking close at it due to the fact its combining multiple colors to make 1.

I dont think i've ever seen the Evo blink blue before this though, that is what throws me off.

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I installed the Wimax notifier that was posted about on the main AC page earlier. I got it from XDA developers using my phones browser. Works awesome for SMS/MMS only. Hopefully GTalk and gmail are soon to come.

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
updateeeeee!

i just realized when u plug the phone into charge, the led light that comes on that's usually red (or green if fully charged) goes crazy with colors rather than idle red! i'll post a video soon!

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Im running Baked Snack 1.7 and for some reason WiMax notifier only seems to work about 50% of the time. Sometimes the LED lights up and sometimes it does not.

I don't use the WiMax notifier so i'm not sure why, my brother uses it on his though...Not sure why it would do that.

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Evo LED Charging light colors hack!

I had made a post last night about the LED Notification light coming on in different colors. That was cool.

Notifications:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bY5qpxAhTzE

What's even cooler is that when i was in need to charge my phone- i noticed that the LED light that stays on isn't idle red, actually it flickers multiple colors (which is even cooler than it flickering different colors on and off) Check it out!

Charging: *NEW*
YouTube - HTC Evo 4G LED Charging COLOR Hack!

Last edited:

californian#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you hack something that's intentionally open?

Of ROYGBIV, we know it's capable of red, orange and green. It follows that yellow would be logically possible. The big question is whether blue thru violet would be possible, unlocking the whole spectrum.

Now, some developer out there needs to make some easy dough and turn these capabilities into something manageable...your first paying customer is right here. :)

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had made a post last night about the LED Notification light coming on in different colors. That was cool.

Notifications:
YouTube - HTC Evo 4G LED Color Hack

What's even cooler is that when i was in need to charge my phone- i noticed that the LED light that stays on isn't idle red, actually it flickers multiple colors (which is even cooler than it flickering different colors on and off) Check it out!

Charging: *NEW*
YouTube - HTC Evo 4G LED Charging COLOR Hack!

Why label it color hack without a how to? So, how do we do this?

tibbys

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
if i knew how, i would have shown it already, my buddy did this for me and im waiting to get in touch with him to show everyone how its doneee