Phone (as in the actual phone app) VERY laggy

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
This has been happening more and more often since the Froyo update. Whenever I make a call or receive a call my Evo becomes unresponsive for about 10 seconds or so, which obviously is a huge problem when the phone is ringing. When I make a call, the phone icon shows up in the top bar, the rest of the screen goes black while it thinks about transitioning to the call, and then finally (often after its already to their voicemail) the screen with the person's picture and the end call button show up. This has caused some unintentional voicemails, probably with me cursing my phone as I try to end the call. When I receive a call, I am often unable to answer it, whether its he green answer button or the lock bar being unresponsive. This has caused countless missed calls. Many times, after about 30 seconds of being unresponsive, the phone app itself force closes (similar to an issue I saw in the "known issues" sticky, but with no solution).

Is anyone else having this issue and know a solution, or should I take it back to Sprint for a replacement? Thanks in advance for the help.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Frankenstein - I thought I'd jump in here and say I'm not having the same issue.

Have you tried removing the battery to see if this helps? I'm not sure of the issue and have not experienced this on the 2 EVO's I've had.

I know there can be a bit of a lag but not to the extent you are experiencing.

Sorry I didn't have a fix.

Please keep us posted on this.

Pure87

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you running another launcher or home alternative? I would often have that problem when running open home or ahome on both my old G1 and the Evo. I haven't noticed much lag with ADW, but that may be the issue.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the dialer and dialer storage cache and data. Go to menu>settings>applications>all> then clear the cache and data for both dialer and dialer storage

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a task killer or an alternate launcher, but jerzyiroc's advice helped some. I have still had it happen once or twice in the past few hours, but it is definitely a little better. I think it may be related to Facebook. It's only a theory, but I can't remember the lag ever happening when I call/get called by a non Facebook contact. If turning off Facebook doesn't help, I may have to resort to getting it replaced. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci