1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery drainers

Can someone tell me what is the best way to find out exactly what is draining my battery? Its worse now than ever. Is there a way to pinpoint what app is causing such a battery drain?

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

"Spare Parts".. Then use the battery history.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. Ill give that a try and see whats going on with my evo! :-)

Global Posts
    620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    "Spare Parts".. Then use the battery history.
    I have Spare Parts and I'm not sure what to look for regarding specific apps? Is there a way to show what apps are draining the battery? I know it shows system information but that doesn't give me a lot to go on to troubleshoot.

If you go to Settings on your phone...Applications...Manage Applications...And Running, you can see what apps are currently running. Everytime I reboot my phone I go in there and kill atleast 15 - 20 items. After that the phone runs much longer...just my observation.
    Thanked by:
    IIJBII 

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

i know that the new popular video chat app Tango doesnt allow the phone to sleep properly so if you have that it may be causing a ruckus. check Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery and look at your up time and awake time. if they are very close together then one (maybe more than one) app is not allowing the phone to sleep...

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

The forum has a huge sticky on that. Check it out.

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by IIJBII View Post
    I have Spare Parts and I'm not sure what to look for regarding specific apps? Is there a way to show what apps are draining the battery? I know it shows system information but that doesn't give me a lot to go on to troubleshoot.
    You hit battery history.. You can pull down different options. That will show which apps are using battery. If you don't see certain apps? That's because they are not using battery. It will only show the ones that are using battery in CPU, Network, Partial Wake, etc.

Settings | About | Battery | Battery Usage

(or something like that, don't remember the exact names).

It will show you energy usage per app.

Once the phone was in my pocket and it felt really warm. Apparently some app (car locator radar) kept sucking power even though the phone was in standby mode.

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock TouchWiz

Avoid any "task killer" apps too...(!!)
    They will be constantly running and killing apps that are
    restarted by the OS, thus killing the battery, causing rebooting and
    not allowing the OS to learn how to properly manage its memory.

I downloaded Battery History and the main battery culprit just says 10144. All the others have names. How do I find out what 10144 is? I click on it and it just says Partial Wakelock:10144
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

I have one that just says 0. No idea what it is.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I have about 20 apps showing up when I select application info. How do I get rid of them? Many of them have not been in use for a while? I am a novice so plse don't skip any steps. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Jfscars48 View Post
    I have about 20 apps showing up when I select application info. How do I get rid of them? Many of them have not been in use for a while? I am a novice so plse don't skip any steps. Thx
    You want to delete the apps?

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

good website with some battery saving tips