Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sparda07
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Supporter

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Default Vlingo InCar Custom Prompt message

i found a way to change the message when it opens up for the first time after you say "hey Vlingo" to do so
    Open the vlingo app
    Goto settings
    Goto in-car settings
    Then scroll down to customize main prompt and make it say what even you want...
    have fun...
    "live by the Creed"
    PSN id:Jase
    QIK id:jase313

EVO
    Thanked by:
    courtneyp85 likes this.

yes indeed! I love that
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

yeah, as soon as i downloaded, i played with the settings...
    "hey vlingo"
    "what's the happy hap?"

i'm still trying to think of something quite witty/funny to have it say each time.

--in car beta mode--
    am i the only one kind of confused by it's inability to actually open apps via voice prompt?
    sure, it opens Facebook.
    but i tried "open app Barcode Scanner" in every combination i could think of, and i keep getting google search results.
    this happens for any other app name, as well.

also, isn't it kind of weird it can't play an artist or music? (example: "hey vlingo...play artist Hopesfall" or anything else)... if there's a certain command, please share.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Mine says "how may I help your incredible awesomeness today?"

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Anyone figure out how to get the application to exit? I enjoyed trying it, but once it's installed I feel like it's taken over my phone.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Android Supporter

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Also if you change your TTS options you can have a more proper speaking system. I use Loquendo TTS Susan
    "live by the Creed"
    PSN id:Jase
    QIK id:jase313

EVO

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus1 View Post
    Anyone figure out how to get the application to exit? I enjoyed trying it, but once it's installed I feel like it's taken over my phone.
    i've had the same issue--esp with the "safe reader" never shutting off.

had to menu>applications>running>and force close each of the Vlingo applications that were running.

cool app. but yeah--battery life is def going to be an issue unless you're running with a charger.

Quote Originally Posted by project.in.process View Post
    i've had the same issue--esp with the "safe reader" never shutting off.

had to menu>applications>running>and force close each of the Vlingo applications that were running.

cool app. but yeah--battery life is def going to be an issue unless you're running with a charger.
    Go into your widgets and throw the newly included Vlingo Control widget on one of your home screens. It's got direct access to open the main Vlingo app, open the standard Vlingo mic, turn in-car on, turn safe reader on and off, and skip (something or other).

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffs71 View Post
    Go into your widgets and throw the newly included Vlingo Control widget on one of your home screens. It's got direct access to open the main Vlingo app, open the standard Vlingo mic, turn in-car on, turn safe reader on and off, and skip (something or other).
    yeah i added that, too

kinda hoped the 'skip' or 'forward' button would have meant Music integration was already included in this app--but i guess it is still Beta.
    at least it's something to look forward to.

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

I like the app but it keeps on restarting my phone when I use the in car, n when I send out a text sometimes it restart my phone

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

^not having that problem, but I am having an issue where it cannot differentiate between <contact> mobile,home, etc, so it defaults to home even if I say "<contact> mobile"

Other than that, it's a fantastic app and I must say, better than Google's own for recognition. And personalizing the greeting? Sick...
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

I have the problem of it rebooting the phone also

Global Posts
    666 Global Posts

I have the phone rebooting issue, also.
    I have an open ticket with Vlingo, and it has been reported to their Engineering team, so hopefully we'll get a fix soon.

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Vlingo InCar reboots my EVO, too. I had to uninstall it. It would reboot my phone every time I disconnected a bluetooth headset or car kit even when I wasn't running the InCar module.

I'll re-install after the next update.

It restarted my Evo also and now i can't open Gtalk or receive new emails in my Gmail account. Anyone know how to get these working again?

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    It restarted my Evo also and now i can't open Gtalk or receive new emails in my Gmail account. Anyone know how to get these working again?
    Wrong thread?
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

It is not in the Android Market. How do you get it?
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I'm installing a different ROM right now (or I'd check), but it was in the market two days ago.