Any bad 4G MAC address and stock Android solutions?

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've read several solutions for the bad 4G MAC address (00:16:08:00:24:05), but they all seem to involve rooting in some form. Went to Sprint and they want to do a hard reset after profile update, etc. failed to resolve problem. Don't want to trash what I can't save, so was wondering if anyone has found a non-root fix for this problem?

posguy99

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
How'd you trash it in the first place without rooting the phone? If you were one of those who got bit by Sprint's original messed-up update to 2.1, well, they've already commited to making all of those good.

As for not trashing what you can't save, what sort of nonsense is that? What could possibly be on the phone that you can't get back off of it again?

Reactions: acmorris

kashmir

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Not sure on that one. That's been my question to Sprint and HTC over the past day. How can a manufacturer's OTA (didn't get hit with the early release that others ran in to, btw) cause a failure of a service that neither carrier or manufacture are aware of despite it being present with a number of customers. If I rooted, I'd understand. I haven't, so what's the deal? Of course no answer can be provided by either other than the typical SOL, we got refurb for you. After coming from a Pre and having refurb after refurb with each providing a different problem, I don't want to go in that direction if not necessary. Just can't get how both carrier and manufacture are claiming oblivious on this one. Maybe because its been mostly root-related, most haven't contacted HTC or Sprint about it. Don't know.

For trashing stuff, just been busy and didn't know if time would be available to backup and all that stuff. overreaction on my end. Took a few minutes to get that stuff done.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781