Reception affecting battery

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This is my first phone on a CDMA network. I came from a blackberry curve 8900 on t-mobile. Now the issue arises at my job where no carrier can get a good signal inside the building. By no means can I compare the battery life on the 2 phones. However, I remember on my curve I would end my 8 hour shift and have 75% battery without any use. Just letting the phone sit there and search for signal. On my evo, it would be less than 30%! I find that turning mobile data off greatly helped but it still gets down to about 40%.

Please note that my phone is literally not used during the day through my testing. I go in with 100% and come out in dire need of a charger. So ager ranting, my real question is if this is a hardware issue of cdma vs gsm? Are gsm phones typically more efficient with battery when in a low coverage area?

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea, all phones use more power when in a low/no signal area. Obviously I'm sure some use more then others. If you can't use your phone at all. I'd install something like profile to have it go into airplane mode the times your at your work. This will stop the phone from searching for a signal.

jalba3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok so just to clarify, same phone but one on gsm and the other on cdma, the gsm will be slightly more efficient in a low coverage area correct? ie: fascinate vs vibrant or curve 8530 vs 8520.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so just to clarify, same phone but one on gsm and the other on cdma, the gsm will be slightly more efficient in a low coverage area correct? ie: fascinate vs vibrant or curve 8530 vs 8520.

Ya but it would barely be noticeable. Every phone will drain the battery faster if it's in a low coverage area. Certain phones will do it more than others. Just turn mobile network off and you should be ok..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech