Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Inspiration for Screens

I know I'm not using all the available screens to their fullest.

How do you have your screens set up? Give all the details (apps/widgets) or even just the main theme you follow for each.

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Search is your friend my friend ... There are many threads about screen shots .. I could give you a direct link but just type in screenshots in search box or better yet .. you can find it on one of the first 3 pages in this forum ... You can do this on many other forum sites also to an even bigger idea of screens .

EDIT :Hell ... I only had to go to the second page .. Here ya go : http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...een-shots.html
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Search is your friend my friend ... There are many threads about screen shots .. I could give you a direct link but just type in screenshots in search box or better yet .. you can find it on one of the first 3 pages in this forum ... You can do this on many other forum sites also to an even bigger idea of screens .

EDIT :Hell ... I only had to go to the second page .. Here ya go : http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...een-shots.html
    OP was asking about screen shots of all screens...and that link has mainly home screen shots....

(freakin post nazis...)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Middle page HTC time widget 2 rows of apps fb, milage, doc2go, latitude, navigation, Handcent, market and camera. Next three pages full screen widget bookmarks, calculators, and agenda. To the left full page favorites, and then the weather channel banner widget with 3 rows of apps. Finally I have Slacker and Pandora banner widget on the last page. That's what works best for me...... I also use the multi picture live wallpaper at one hour setting so each page has a different picture and changes. Have fun cooking up what works for you...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.R.V. View Post
    Middle page HTC time widget 2 rows of apps fb, milage, doc2go, latitude, navigation, Handcent, market and camera. Next three pages full screen widget bookmarks, calculators, and agenda. To the left full page favorites, and then the weather channel banner widget with 3 rows of apps. Finally I have Slacker and Pandora banner widget on the last page. That's what works best for me...... I also use the multi picture live wallpaper at one hour setting so each page has a different picture and changes. Have fun cooking up what works for you...
    Hows your battery life?

I'm a truckdriver so mine is pretty much always plugged in, but I have forgotten to plug it in while on break and it still had plenty of battery left.

Home Screen = Big Default HTC Clock/Weather Widget along with - People, Calendar, Gmail, Messaging, Internet, Voicemail (my 6 Main PIM/Communication Apps)

Immediate Right Screen = Jorte Calendar big 4x3 Month Widget

Immediate Left Screen = 4G, WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth, Hotspot (the Power Sucking Feature Widgets to easily monitor and turn off/on as needed)

All other Screens = BLANK

i am a minimalist and hate clutter. i like to keep it simple. less is more.

good luck.

http://tinyurl.com/3xgddzz

ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

screen 1 - Pandora widget
    screen 2 - power widget, 4x1 simple calendat widget
    home screen - Fancy widgets clock, tray hidden, launcher hidden
    screen 4 - FB, Twitter, FourSquare, market, games folder, utilities folder
    screen 5 - audio manager widget

I try to keep my screens clean so my background is easier to see. Is there any way to share your AppBrain backgrounds??

Quote Originally Posted by seraphemz View Post
    OP was asking about screen shots of all screens...and that link has mainly home screen shots....

(freakin post nazis...)

He wasn't being a post nazi. He's right. He could have posted this question on the screen shots thread...
    Thanked by:
    solo1 

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seraphemz View Post

(freakin post nazis...)

The point was to "TRY" and search first ... It took me 2 clicks to find the one and I know for a fact that there are many threads with nice full size pics of members entire phone setups ... So get it straight.
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Thanks seraphemz and everyone else giving an honest reply - I AM looking for more than just home screens...and I wasn't specifically looking for screen SHOTS (Solo1). And I'm not so much into the "art" aspect as the apps/widgets everyone's using and the logic to your organization of screens. So yeah, I appreciate the answers here to my specific question.

I would recommend that you check out the Multicon app. It lets you place 4 app shortcuts in the space of 1. My home page has 16 apps on it, but they only take up the space of 4. I also added a small HTC weather widget. The result is that I can see my wallpaper picture, without a bunch of clutter, and I also have quick access to the apps that I use most.
    Last edited by Brainerd; 10-10-2010 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Added a link to the Multicon app.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

In order this way. from "1" being the farthest left screen to "7" being the farthest right screen

1. Power widget, folders for games, multimedia apps and soundboards
    Battery Droid 1x1 widget, 4g toggle widget, pandora 1x4 widget
    2. HTC Calendar widget (takes whole screen) agenda view
    3. Social Media section: Facebook Widget (From facebook)@ top. Tweetdeck Post Widget, Voicemail, Navigation, Maps, People
    4: "Home Screen"
    Beautiful Widgets Small Home Clock widget, Profile settings widget...followed by most used apps
    5. Most used apps
    6. Evernote widget Key Ring Widgets Random apps
    7. Currently unused till I find what I need. I kinda like to have it open to try out new ideas for page setups. Also nice to throw in widgets that I need on a pinch or randomly on VACAtion...like say latitude or something.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVODeck

I did use multicon for awhile but then reverted back to folder use....didn't like the smaller icons with my fat thumbs...kept opening the wrong apps.

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Sorry but I have to agree this is a redundant thread please post your comments in the open screen shots thread. When I have time I will combine this thread with the other one.

Later,
    Dave