Problems with EVO Connecting to Car Bluetooth?

uscman2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi All... I'm new here. I've been reading for a while and signed up to ask a question.

So here's my story.

I've had the EVO since June. However, a couple days ago I bought a new car (a 2011 Infiniti M37). I also have an iphone. The car connects to my iphone perfectly via bluetooth. However, the car won't connect to my EVO via bluetooth at all. The EVO is my primary phone (yes, I prefer it over my iphone) and I'd like to use that as my car phone, but, so far, I've been unable to.

I went to the Sprint store, showed them the prohlem, and had one of the representatives try to connect his EVO to my car. It worked - his EVO connected to my car via bluetooth.

The obvious call here is that it's my specific EVO, right? So I ordered a new phone and it came in. I went to the sprint service center to get the replacement (which was an obvious refurbished model) and, my luck, the replacement went on the fritz as soon as I booted it up. Suffice to say, I left the sprint service center with my original EVO.

Anyways, I love my EVO, its perfect in every way EXCEPT this bluetooth issue. I would prefer not to mess with my fortune and see if there is a way to fix this problem if anyone else has encountered the same thing.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it without getting a replacement phone? Your help would be much appreciated.

Also, if there is no solution anyone is aware of, does anyone know how I can get Sprint to get me a new phone and not just a refurbished model? I paid for insurance, I'd prefer not adopt someone else's problem phone if I could.

Thanks

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I know this probably a mute point but have you gone into the system settings for bluetooth and tried tinkering with them to see if your car is discoverable.........have you checked both the vehicles manual and EVO manual for compatable ways to sync them?

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Does your EVO successfully connect to other bluetooth devices?

Also, newly paired devices show up toward the bottom of my paired device list so I always have to scroll down to tap them to get them to connect. The connected device then jumps to the top of the list.

uscman2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My EVO does connect to other bluetooth devices, just not the car. I see the car on my list, but it won't connect. It will just say "connecting" indefinitely or will revert to "paired but not connected."

I think its just something wrong with my phone as, like I said, another EVO was able to connect to my car.

doctorBS1318

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Problems with EVO Car bluetooh

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. While my car isn't an Infiniti (it's a Hyundai Sonata) I have the EXACT same issue with my car's integrated blutooth. I had my pre paired with it perfectly without problem.

I, fortunately, have always been able to pair it with my car but as soon as I turn the engine off (or the car battery rather) I have to turn the EVO's blutooth option off and then back on again in order for it to work in my car.

If I don't turn the blutooth off and back on, it will pair with the car and even connect to the car....but...as soon as I make/receive a call, my EVO tries to send it to the car's Blutooth unsuccessfully. So I'll end up being on the phone and the person can't hear me and I can't hear them...

I think this is the best phone on the market but this problem is extremely annoying for someone accustomed to using the car's blutooth.

HELP

uscman2

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My EVO's bluetooth audio works perfectly using pandora to my car... however, my phone still has issues. I haven't found a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87