Wifi tethering help

Allldune58

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my HTC EVO 4G and I installed the Wifi tether for root users app. But when I tried my ipod touch it shows my phone as available it like the wifi shuts off on my ipod touch, so I tried it on my laptop it shows connected with limitations and I notice a lot of people were doing it on 2.1 but I'm doing it on 2.2. Did they (sprint) do something to block it ?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I rooted my HTC EVO 4G and I installed the Wifi tether for root users app. But when I tried my ipod touch it shows my phone as available it like the wifi shuts off on my ipod touch, so I tried it on my laptop it shows connected with limitations and I notice a lot of people were doing it on 2.1 but I'm doing it on 2.2. Did they (sprint) do something to block it ?

I had to use this beta for wireless wifi tether to work for me.

*Note that I'm rooted but with stock ROM.

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

If you are using Froyo 2.2, then you need to make sure your are running at least version pre8 of the wifi tether app. That version was the first one to work with Evo and Froyo 2.2.

Regards,

Tom

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are using Froyo 2.2, then you need to make sure your are running at least version pre8 of the wifi tether app. That version was the first one to work with Evo and Froyo 2.2.

Regards,

Tom

That's the one - which I linked to in my first post. Works great.