Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo 2

Is anyone already looking forward to the next EVO Type phone? I am already telling my girlfriend how lucky she will be when she gets this phone. More power, memory, and htc. Looking forward to the next generation already.

No, the EVO's that good.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

That's my point. I can't imagine a phone twice as fast. It would be crazy. And you know it's coming...... Soon..

I'm extremely happy with the Evo, had it since launch day and still find it hard to put down...with that said I'm already looking fwd to CES and Jun for hopefully the successor to the Evo. I hope we get some gingerbread to tie us over until then.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Were on the same page

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Do you guys think there will be that much difference between this EVO and the next gen one? What would it take for you to re-up your contract and/or pay full retail for a next gen EVO?

What kind of specs would you be looking for?
    Faster Processor
    Physical Keyboard
    More memory
    Bigger Screen!!!????

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Love that Sprint Premier plan, so I can see what's out there next July.
    @theAdamCole

Personally I'm happy with my Evo. While there are improvements to be made, I don't expect to see enough of them in the next installment to make me want one. Actually I hope the next installment is later, a) so we get more android updates(since the evo will be HTC big sprint phone). b) so the Evo 2 is a serious upgrade an not minor changes.

My list of changes would be

a) Better battery life. The battery life is ok, but it could be better especially with 4g. However just a small increase in battery won't make me buy a new one.

b)More physical memory. Yes we can install apps to SD, but there should be more room. Again, not buying just for this.

c)Dedicate GPU/better gaming performance. While the Evo is fast for processing data, its not the greatest for gaming.

d)A screen that is better in the daylight. Maybe amoled, or whatever they can do to make it better.

e)higher resolution screen. I mean, who doesn't want this.

f) Faster camera. The quality is decent enough for a phone, but I'd like it to be faster.

Things I do not want.

a)Physical keyboard. Phone is huge as it is.
    b)Bigger screen. Again, the phone is huge as it is.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

2GHZ
    32 OR 64 MEMORY
    ANDROID to have fixed all the little things that people talk about here.
    Much longer battery life

Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    Do you guys think there will be that much difference between this EVO and the next gen one? What would it take for you to re-up your contract and/or pay full retail for a next gen EVO?

What kind of specs would you be looking for?
    Faster Processor
    Physical Keyboard
    More memory
    Bigger Screen!!!????
    Excellent question.

I wonder if today's price drop on the EVO to $159 or $99 depending on where you look is our first indicator that a new one is closer than we might think.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

How much better battery life can we expect if the processor and everything else gets bigger, faster, etc.?

I would love it to have the battery life of my Blackberry as much as the next guy, but my BB can't hold a candle to my EVO. I would be willing to sacrifice battery life for performance, to a certain extent.

I also don't think that a price drop indicates a coming replacement model. I think it indicates a coming holiday season, and the need to maintain demand and generate sales in a sluggish economy. Just my opinion, though.

I can't imagine what the next revolutionary thing will be. On a spec basis, it doesn't look as if phones have gotten much more powerful since the release of the Nexus One, and I can't think of any major missing features. Maybe higher resolution, to address the "retina display" feature of the iPhone, and some incremental improvements to speed, UI and especially battery life?
    Last edited by bujin; 10-15-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Default EVO price drop

Quote Originally Posted by californian View Post
    Excellent question.

I wonder if today's price drop on the EVO to $159 or $99 depending on where you look is our first indicator that a new one is closer than we might think.
    Can you elaborate on where u found these prices?? Thanks

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Bujin - I agree with you. I think the next gen will have moderate "improvements," similar to the iPhone, Droid, etc. A higher resolution screen, perhaps, but I think most improvements will be in software, as that seems to develop faster that new phone models. I wonder if Gingerbread will make it to the EVO before the next model comes out?

I like the EVO. It's the best phone I have ever had, but with the cost of smartphones, it would take a pretty significant improvement for me to jump to a new version of the EVO.

Tiger Direct $159:

Amazon $99 (for non-sprint folks only):
    Amazon.com: HTC EVO 4G Android Phone (Sprint): Cell Phones & Accessories

I'll take the same phone with the same specs. I just want a slimmer phone. It would be nice to be as slim as my Ipod touch 4G. That would be all I would ask for.

You know that +1 year from the Evo launch when all the Sprint customers will be eligible for a full upgrade there will be something newer and cooler and faster and, well, you know; better.

That said, the Evo is amazing as it is except for battery life. If HTC could produce the same phone with 2x the battery life I would use my upgrade credit just for that one change.

Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    You know that +1 year from the Evo launch when all the Sprint customers will be eligible for a full upgrade there will be something newer and cooler and faster and, well, you know; better.

That said, the Evo is amazing as it is except for battery life. If HTC could produce the same phone with 2x the battery life I would use my upgrade credit just for that one change.
    I stopped worrying about battery life when I bought an extra battery w/charger off of Ebay for $10. Yeah it would be nice to have better battery life, but I don't mind having an extra battery on hand just in case I don't make it through the day.

Only thing i would want is a better GPU. Keep the speed of the cpu the same as its more than enough for a phone and i don't want to scarfice anymore battery life.

Better GPU, and gingerbread.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Dual-core processor (don't ask why I just like killer specs). More internal storage for apps (yeah we kinda have a lot but I don't like even needing to check). A better GPU (because some games don't play as well as they should for this being a high end phone). Heck the next gen Snapdragon is out already with a better GPU that makes the EVO look slow (T-Mobile G2). Same screen size but higher resolution. Higher quality panel (think IPS like the droid/droid 2).

I'll always take battery life improvements but those are easy enough to deal with with extra chargers and batteries. Yeah, BB or Iphone 4-like battery life would be nice, but I've lived with extra chargers for two years now.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

ROM
    Myn's warm goodness

Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    How much better battery life can we expect if the processor and everything else gets bigger, faster, etc.?

I would love it to have the battery life of my Blackberry as much as the next guy, but my BB can't hold a candle to my EVO. I would be willing to sacrifice battery life for performance, to a certain extent.

I also don't think that a price drop indicates a coming replacement model. I think it indicates a coming holiday season, and the need to maintain demand and generate sales in a sluggish economy. Just my opinion, though.
    +1 my opinion exactly.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

$99.00 for new customers is a great deal. May have to check it out this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by capnhowdy18 View Post
    Personally I'm happy with my Evo. b)More physical memory. Yes we can install apps to SD, but there should be more room. Again, not buying just for this.

c)Dedicate GPU/better gaming performance. While the Evo is fast for processing data, its not the greatest for gaming.
    b) I LOVE my Evo but THAT alone is making me want another Evo. I love everything about the Evo except the lack of memory to install programs!!! Install to SD only works when it is supported and a lot of software still does not!!! I want at least another GB along with the install to SD..

c) A bit faster and maybe some updated graphics will be cool but not needed, my Evo is fast now.

Either way I am looking forward to upgrading again if it is a good device. Got to love Sprint!!!
    Systems Analyst by trade, drummer by desire and music lover by birth.
    A self proclaimed geek and gadget nut. ii <--Drum sticks

I say hd video recording... better speaker.. the ability to customize more without flashing roms...I would take a bigger screen too why not..And of course better resolution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast