Gone from Epic to Evo - First android phone - Couple of questions
Hi Team -
I tried to find answers but I either can't find them or don't quite understand. Perhaps this would be helpful for others too.
If anyone could help me answer these questions, I'd be very grateful.
- I plug my headphones into the evo, turn on the radio, but no sound comes out. Is there a radio app that anyone can recommend?
- On the Epic, I was able to check my Gmail AND my imap email accounts from one app. On this phone they are seperate. Any way to combine?
- Is there a way to plug USB into the phone and computer and use the phone as a modem without paying Sprint an extra fee?
- APP KILLER - I don't get this one. I see people who say that android 2.2 doesn't need an app killer but there's so much stuff running in the background. In newbie language, what's the best way to deal with apps that don't close?
- Can I play divx movies on my evo. Can I mod it to stream netflix?
- Is there a GOOD battery monitor that shows percentage left and also time left on the battery?
- Is there something that allows me to listen to podcasts?
- The Epic had Swype. Is there a good replacement for that keyboard? I love it!
- Just for fun...what's the #1 app I should download?
Y'all are awesome. Thanks a ton!
- 10-15-2010, 05:13 PM #2
The best thing I can tell you with Swype is sign up for the beta, and once it opens back up you should have Swype again.
- 10-15-2010, 05:24 PM #3
- 10-15-2010, 05:38 PM #4Forum Rules & Guidelines -- CLICK HERE
I'm an NVIDIA Tegra Champ. Here's what that means. It means that from time to time I might receive products and/or services from NVIDIA to evaluate them and provide feedback to NVIDIA and you, our valuable members. What this does NOT mean is that my opinion will be biased. Any opinion that I express here and elsewhere are solely based on my personal preference and any relevant expertise that I may/may not have on the subject matter.
- 10-15-2010, 07:32 PM #5
- 10-15-2010, 08:09 PM #6
- 10-15-2010, 08:11 PM #7
- 10-16-2010, 12:07 AM #8
- 10-16-2010, 11:56 AM #9HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2
- 10-16-2010, 12:18 PM #10
Before anyone posts a link or something to Swype, know that it is considered warez and is against the forum rules.
I've already got slammed for it before.
If you want Swype you will not get it from this site.Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
- 10-16-2010, 03:54 PM #11
- 10-17-2010, 11:29 AM #12
- 10-17-2010, 12:02 PM #13
- 10-17-2010, 12:18 PM #14
As far as task killers, I use one, but you need to absolutely know WHAT you're killing and WHAT other services they're tied to before you start complaining about issues with your phone..:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.