1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whats the best way to watch Tv shows streaming on Evo?

Is there an app like mobitv coming out for the evo or a way to watch hulu properly on the evo? I found something about tricking it to think its on a desktop is anyone familiar with this or know a beter way or app to watch shows?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Obviously I mean other than the sprint tv rubbish app...

Nope, hulu has it locked down for mobile devices. Now, there's a app called LiveTV in the market. You can watch stuff like southpark, cartoon network, football channels, Nick, Disney, CBS, NBC, and others. Some work, some dont. But for something that's free, I dont complain. With the Evo have full flash, I just go to the web sites and watch shows from there. But you wont find a hulu app. Now if your rooted then someone told me over at xda forums the devs made a way to get around hulu and watch hulu.com on your Evo but that's only if your rooted.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I use tv.com, which gives you access to various CBS shows for free. It does work well, even over 3G (as opposed to 4G or wifi). There is an app in the market, which I use. But I believe you may be able to access it at their website as well.
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4

If you're rooted you can use hulu just fine. I'm running CM6 and hulu works beautifully.
    Banned

slingbox

I second that SLINGBOX HD RULES!!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    agree, i dont know what i would do without sling box...

Global Posts
    570 Global Posts

Where do you get these tv apps

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post
    agree, i dont know what i would do without sling box...
    I know what I would do.... I wouldn't have had to watch my Huskers play like dooo doo over 4G here in Atlanta where I am for the weekend.

SLING BOX + 4G FTEW!! (that would be an epic win)

Where do you get these tv apps
    Go to the Market and search for tv.com. It has a lot of great shows...

Default How?

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    If you're rooted you can use hulu just fine. I'm running CM6 and hulu works beautifully.
    How? I had a guy root my phone for me ($20, not bad) and he put the hulu app on it. I tried to run it but it tells me that Hulu is not supported on my device (or platform).

I actually tried to remove the app from my phone, but it won't let me. I tried to remove the icon too but it keeps coming right back. How would I get Hulu to actually work on a rooted phone?

thanks

You're going to have to flash a rom that will play hulu.com. CM6 will play just fine and I also have the app and it works fine as well. I would recommend checking out XDA. I'll try to remember to post the link when I get back to my laptop.

Sent from my CM6 powered Evo

Well there's Bitbop. But it's $10 a month and their selection sucks. Real tv junkies are waiting for the Hulu Plus Android app I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by RBorden629 View Post
    I have a Slingbox Pro connected to one of my DirecTV HD DVRs at home. It looks like I should download the Sling app, which is $29.99. Whoa!

Here's the fix to get Hulu on any rom

Livetv is alright..Little choppy but a decent amount of channels

Default TV Shows Stream

Hi,

I recommend you all to try TV SHOWS STREAM.

It has more than 500 tv shows, with mirrors for megavideo and other hosting providers.

There is a lite version for testing purposes completely free (tv shows stream lite)

Is a new app and has more than 5.000 downloads for the paid version the first month and a average score of 4.5

I hope this is as usefull for you as it has been for me

Jetflicks is pretty great. I think it was $30 for a 6 month subscription, and now ai have access to a ton of shows. It includes back episodes of a bunch of popular series, and updates every evening.

Best of all, it looks great even with 3g coverage.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Definitely Slingbox.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I second Jetflicks. I love that shows are added the day after they air.