Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Default email question

I just got an EVO and i can not get it to load my 3 gmail accounts. It will go throught the screens where i input the name and password, says they are syncing but i can't access my emails. any ideas? thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

For whatever reason, Android is very slow to sync, especially the first time. Are you getting any errors? Is the sync symbol showing in the status bar?

3 accounts - you need to remember, that could be a lot of data being transferred. Are you attempting this on 3G or wifi?
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

sync shows but nothing appears in the email account list other than the 1st one i entered. and it has been several hours (5 hrs)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

ok so no shows 2nd account and sync calender and contacts, but not inbox for third....??

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

wifi or 3g?
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I saw a weird thing when I created mine. When you put the info in it does not ask for the smtp info until you enter your pop3 info then go back. until you finish all the info it will never sync. once you do it is quick .... a few seconds.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBGood View Post
    I just got an EVO and i can not get it to load my 3 gmail accounts. It will go throught the screens where i input the name and password, says they are syncing but i can't access my emails. any ideas? thanks in advance.
    From the home screen, go to menu, settings, accounts & sync, click on each gmail account and make sure Inbox is checked, then hit sync now at the bottom of the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by prinaldi View Post
    I saw a weird thing when I created mine. When you put the info in it does not ask for the smtp info until you enter your pop3 info then go back. until you finish all the info it will never sync. once you do it is quick .... a few seconds.
    If these are gmail accounts you should be using the included gmail app to add them to your phone.