Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default tranfer video to computer.. no sound!

So if I transfer video taken from my phone to computer and go to play it I get now sound? What gives? And yes volume is turned all the way up.

Anyone else experience this?

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

code issue, download quicktime, & try to play it
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quicktime player will play it with audio. I think VLC player works as well.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quick time worked.
    Thank you guys.

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Please use VLC player avoid quick time it's horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by yaggermr View Post
    Please use VLC player avoid quick time it's horrible.
    Agree

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    Agree
    ^That.
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

Quote Originally Posted by bhappy View Post
    So if I transfer video taken from my phone to computer and go to play it I get now sound? What gives? And yes volume is turned all the way up.

Anyone else experience this?
    Free-Codecs.com : Download K-Lite Codec Pack 6.4.0 FULL, K-Lite Codec Pack 6.4.0 STANDARD, K-Lite Codec Pack 6.4.0 BASIC : K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools

Download this. It's a k-lite codec. Had the exact same problem. Downloaded this and everything is working great.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerzyiroc View Post
    VLC is one download. You don't need all that crap since early 2000's.
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnst_r View Post
    VLC is one download. You don't need all that crap since early 2000's.
    You learn something new everyday...

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

^_^

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

A lot of people don't like VLC due to issues. I haven't had any with the player, but some people swear by that codec pack.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

What issues? The Klite codec pack was popular years ago. There's just no need to load all that crap when you can just use VLC.

I'd like to hear of these "issues" as VLC is the most compatible media player available.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by pwnst_r View Post
    What issues? The Klite codec pack was popular years ago. There's just no need to load all that crap when you can just use VLC.

I'd like to hear of these "issues" as VLC is the most compatible media player available.
    Don't know dude. Just repeating what I heard. I have no issues with VLC on my Windows box. A lot of fansubbers don't like it, I know that much.
    </awesome>

I just downloaded the VLC Player as I have the same problem as the original poster. However it doesn't recognize the .3pg extension of the video file transferred from the Evo. What am I missing?

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatfield View Post
    I just downloaded the VLC Player as I have the same problem as the original poster. However it doesn't recognize the .3pg extension of the video file transferred from the Evo. What am I missing?
    ????! VLC does 3GP, not 3pg.

OK .... I typed it backwards but I'm betting you knew that. it doesn't recognize the "3gp" either.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

No, was making sure. Was thinking maybe you renamed it. I just took another video, transferred to PC and played with VLC and both video and sound worked with no issues.

Just for kicks, download the latest version - 1.1.4

VideoLAN - VLC media player for Windows

Thanks for the help but I had to uninstall VLC. It caused my computer to fail on startup. Removed it in safe mode and all was well again. I use Nero and they play well there so I'm good. Thanks anyway.

VLC doesn't put anything in the computer startup. Unless you got a hacked version from some Trojan site
    --
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Could be. It's good now though.