Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    paradroid's Avatar
    1%er

    Posts
    190 Posts

    Default What Alarm do you Use

    I thought it would be a great idea to use my EVO as my alarm clock because it would keep me in the habit of finding the phone and plugging it each night. My first thought was to find an alarm that could go into an app like Pandora and start playing it.

    I did some searches and found AppAlarm Pro but apparently it broke when 2.2 came out and the developer has not fixed it.

    I searched the market place and there are all kinds of alarm clocks available. Do you have a favorite? What features does it have that you like?
  2. #2  

    Default

    I use alarm clock plus love look and I just use songs on my phone as a ringtone.. its pretty nice looking alarm u should try it

    sent from my HTC Evo using tapatalk
    Htc Evo> Htc Evo Shift> Htc Evo 3d> Htc Arrive>Nexus S
    GPA17 underclocked
  3. #3  

    Default

    +1 for Alarm Clock Plus V2... It's damn good and has a decent amount of customization options. Personally I have a hard time getting up because I snooze the alarm a lot. But with the math to snooze option problem solved. Definitely worth a look.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Another vote for alarm clock plus. Lots of options, and the math to turn off means you can't easily turn it off while half asleep and drift off again.
  5. #5  
    Raidz1's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default

    I use Playlist Alarm (), You create a playlist from the songs on your SD card & you give it a time frame to play your music. Works great. Been using it since the EVO came out.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Good Morning Pro version in the market simply the best alarm I've found yet! LOVE IT!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
  7. #7  

    Default

    better alarm pr is the one ive been using, been using it for a while and love it so far
  8. #8  

    Default

    Alarm Klock. Simple and it works well. Can choose songs from the SD card to play and I like how the snooze is customizable. Also, you can have the music slowly get louder over time so that you aren't jolted awake.
  9. #9  
    halcyonku's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default

    I like Gentle Alarm. It has gradual alarms, control the brightness of the screen (gradual too), math snooze, adjustable snooze, mp3's for the alarm, playlist for the alarm, length of time for snooze and the alarm are adjustable and a hell of a lot more. It is crazy how customizable this alarm is. Works very well. You can do profiles with the alarms too. It even has a backup system so if your mp3 doesn't work for some reason it will sense it and play a default noise you choose. Very cool, highly recommended. If it could interact with Pandora or Slacker it would be perfect.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Stock alarm.. lol.. It works perfect for me, has the options that I need, and I use a custom sound that is loud enough to get me up. It works great for me and I can have the phone in silent mode and still have the alarm sound..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Evo 4g-----> iphone 4s-----> Galaxy S3
  11. #11  
    famz's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default

    i use the regular stock, dont really need an app for anything i gues
  12. #12  
    ChaosShadow's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Absinthe JB 5.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halcyonku View Post
    I like Gentle Alarm. It has gradual alarms, control the brightness of the screen (gradual too), math snooze, adjustable snooze, mp3's for the alarm, playlist for the alarm, length of time for snooze and the alarm are adjustable and a hell of a lot more. It is crazy how customizable this alarm is. Works very well. You can do profiles with the alarms too. It even has a backup system so if your mp3 doesn't work for some reason it will sense it and play a default noise you choose. Very cool, highly recommended. If it could interact with Pandora or Slacker it would be perfect.
    ^^^^^ This.

    I have the same alarm, and it really is awesome. Probably one of the most customizable alarm apps out there. I highly recommend it. Totally worth the $2 (approx) I spent.
    Left Android for the Darkside...
    Yes. I'm a proud owner of an iPhone 5S. Please don't hurt me

    If I've helped in anyway... kindly show your appreciation by clicking that lovely "Thanks" button below ------------------------------------------↓
  13. #13  
    MikeBinOK's Avatar

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

    Default

    I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

    I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.
    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->EVO 4G-->EVO 3D-->Droid Razr Maxx-->Galaxy S4
  14. #14  
    packerbacker's Avatar

    Posts
    871 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

    I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.
    lol that sounds awful. I would've been so pissed!
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  15. #15  
    Pre-dawn raid's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

    I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.
    Well at least you were wide awake after that fiasco . I personally use Alarm Clock PlusV2 and absolutely love it. What the native alarm clock app should be. It can make you do math (or not) and it has always turned off after I inputed the correct answer. The developer is on top of things too and always adding new features and updates.
  16. #16  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,812 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    I've had a great experience with Math Alarm. I think I can do math in my sleep now though but pretty much it has every customizable option available and only turns off after you solve a pre-determined amount of math problems at a pre-determined difficulty. I've never had any of the problems listed below but I would recommended wiping the app data and putting the alarm settings just how you like them. - If I'm not careful it's asking me What percentage is 33 out of 124 at 6:15AM... so I set it to easy but with some algebra (only did this after I found out I was in my sleep but turning the alarm off). I set it to two snoozes and have an alarm timeout of 15 minutes... this is all customizable.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I have NOT had a good experience with Math Alarm on my EVO, even though the app seems highly recommended. Twice I have been unable to turn off the alarm, even though I solved the math problem and it stopped offering them to me! The first time it happened would have made a good comedy routine....I couldn't turn down the volume, I even uninstalled the app, but it didn't turn off the alarm. Turning off the phone (with the app uninstalled) resulted in the alarm still coming back on after I turned the power on again! But at least I could turn off the alarm then.

    I reinstalled it and had to power down the phone to get the alarm to stop this morning. I'm not happy, though I'll write the developer and see what he says.
  17. #17  
    packerbacker's Avatar

    Posts
    871 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

    Default

    Gentle Alarm. I like the night display and use that as my clock when I don't need to set an alarm. I love how it fades in. I liked the pre-alarm in theory, but I'm a light sleeper so I wake up from it anyway. Either way, worth the $2 I spent or whatever it was. Very nice app. I use the Stock Alarm if I'm at school and just need a vibrating alarm to remind me to go to class or something. Works well in that situation.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  18. #18  
    drewlee's Avatar

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LikeAChampion3 View Post
    Alarm Klock. Simple and it works well. Can choose songs from the SD card to play and I like how the snooze is customizable. Also, you can have the music slowly get louder over time so that you aren't jolted awake.
    Another vote for Alarm Klock. It serves its purpose well for me. Been using it exclusively for the last few weeks as my primary "wake up" and no complaints.
  19. #19  
    JayL's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

    Default

    any alarms have a widget showing how long till it goes off or what time the next alarm goes off ?
    or a widget for the stock sense alarm?
  20. #20  
    tony bag o donuts's Avatar
    Resident Ringtone Maker

    Posts
    3,901 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

    Default

    I was using stock until construction started behind my house on a new development that will continue for the next 2-3 years.
  21. #21  

    Default

    +another for the stock alarm and I wake up to the theme from Battlestar Galactica!! Wakes me right up!
  22. #22  
    packerbacker's Avatar

    Posts
    871 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JL-F1 View Post
    any alarms have a widget showing how long till it goes off or what time the next alarm goes off ?
    or a widget for the stock sense alarm?
    Gentle Alarm tells you how long before your next alarm is going to go off.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4
  23. #23  

    Default

    stock works flawlessly.

Posting Permissions

B