HDMI help please.

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have searched the forum but didn't find what I was looking for. How do you get the HDMI to work? I'm rooted and run different roms. I have tried it on several roms without any success. Currently on Baked Snack 1.8 with no luck. Just want to show off a few You Tube videos.

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Im on Baked Snack 1.7 (Didnt feel like updating to 1.8 yet) and I was able to view videos I recorded through HDMI. Not sure if youtube works. Try playing a video you recorded, see if that works.

thomlanphear

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This weekend I tried the hdmi and youtube videos played didn't look great but worked. Sprint tv didn't and I didn't try my own recordings but I assume they would work also. Tried to do a presentation but didn't realize I had to already have one on the phone to use it. I can't believe that with all the hoopla about hdmi video out that it has been restricted so much. the way they talked about it you could connect it and everything on the phone would display on your tv. I hope they fix that.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
sadly, Sprints marketing team was rather good at being vague in the commercials and adverts for this feature.
if you watch the commercials or read the prints carefully--it never states that it will stream online content from the phone to a television. really, it's just for content stored on your SD card (ie recorded videos and such)--

as far as MotoDroid's go, a fellow named DroidGuy (i believe) has created a ROM feature (for X's, i believe) that will allow anything on your screen to be shown on the tv (streaming content, webpages, anything)--but he has yet to incorporate any variation for Evo. alot of people have talked about getting $ together to pay him to develop such.

i really hope someone does develop something to enable this--i'd love to actually use the HDMI port for something instead of just knowing it's there. but, i suppose, DLNA is the next best thing...but i'm not going to GalaxyS's for that--no thank you

EvoRoy

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have played YouTube videos on my phone when I first got my HDMI cable but it has been a while. I don't remember the sequence I used when I hooked up the phone to the TV for viewing. I will keep trying see what happens. I am dying for an app that can use HDMI for more things. Hope it happens soon.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Would like to get Flash video to HDMI out, such as Flash TV app or flash content in web. Any way to do it with rooted EVO?

Trust

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
set HDMI output to "auto" in the settings section under display. Forcing 720p wont work even if your TV is badass.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
set HDMI output to "auto" in the settings section under display. Forcing 720p wont work even if your TV is badass.

...yes it will. That's what mine is set to, works fine.

YouTube, anything from the HTC video player/gallery is what will work.

App developers CAN enable HDMI out in their applications, but VERY, VERY few have done so. In fact, I don't know of any, although apparently someone insists Orb does.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay