email inboxes corrupting one another

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I did not see anything in search (but was challenged on what search words to use also).

I have two times in the past day been in an email folder, then switched to another inbox and had it show the emails from the prior inbox in the new one. They are of course not actually there, and you cannot look at them, or delete them. When you try the email app crashes. It continues to show the emails are there and the only solution I have found is to delete the account.

Deleting and setting up my email accounts every day is little of a pain.

How do I fix this?

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Which e-mail application are you using, stock, maildroid, K9, etc...?

This will may allow people to help you better.

Doc

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me once on my Stock 2.2 Evo using the stock mail app.

An email from a different email address appeared in a different in box. When i try to click it or delete it i get a force close.
I ended up having to delete the email and adding it. Not a big ordeal but weird.

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
yes - it is stock email app. Has happened three times now, basically once a day for the past 3 days. Having to delete and add emails accounts every day is little tiring.

So basically the stock email is to blame?

jeeplj8

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed (as this problem persists) that the GMail and Yahoo accounts seem to be the problem. The email program does not appear to be able to keep separate folders, I am not sure how it addresses email.

This is really disappointing for a stock app.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if this is addressed in the new OTA that's expected to come out?

Also, have you considered bringing your other email accounts in to your gmail account and using the gmail app to handle email? It really does work great. You can accomplish this by logging in to gmail on the computer, going to settings tab and then going to accounts and import. Or you can forward emails from other addresses to your gmail address, but I like the first way better. It turns your gmail basically in to an email app. I use labels to keep things separate on the gmail view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol