Why can't I update my status on the full FB site???

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There is an issue where the keyboard pops for a second, but then disappears. If I want to tag someone in my status or share a link, the 'share' feature on Sense is very spotty at best, so it seems we're out of luck....is this a Sense UI issue? What's the deal here?

I've also found on Facebook, that I CAN comment on other people's status as well as type text into the search bar, but something in the coding is causing the KB to disappear....I think there should be a 'pull up the keyboard button' for these phones which would allow you to handle everything the same as if you had a physical KB.

Decent thoughts about any of this would be greatly appreciated!

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So the long press definitely works to pop the keyboard but the text box definitely doesn't play well with others. My roommate has the incredible and says he hasn't had these issues, so there's something Facebook doesn't like about the Evo.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on dolphin as well just assumed that it would be the UI version of Sense that would be different between devices such as the incredible and the Evo. I checked the native browser and it has the same issue.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Your friend was probably mistaken. There's no way the EVO could act differently to the Incredible assuming they're both running Froyo.

That said, it's probably because of the ridiculous amount of javascript Facebook uses on its site, so the box is constantly changing state.

klsmalls1

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Maaaan, I thought I was the only person having this issue!, good to know!
FB just doesnt play well with the Evo at all. the Touch site/app suck sloth bawls, and the mobile site stinks too but it is the best alternative to have on the phone! Good thing i'ma twitter junkie now!!! :D

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Twitter is definitely a great thing, and I use it, but you can't do photo albums, or create events, which are things important to how I determine if the phone is giving the features I want. Maybe something in the new update that is coming for Evo will work better with Facebook, but I'm sure if they check sites visited by their customers, HTC would find adding functionality to the FB site would be well worth the effort.

Vincent, are you sure Incredible doesn't have something in its background that would work better than EVO based on its Sense UI version differences? I'm confident that my friend is not mistaken as he said he doesn't do anything with the FB app because he just goes to the full site.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I tried on my sister in laws myTouch 3g Slide, friends Incredible, uncles Droid 2, they all have the same issues. It seems to be very picky. Sometimes I have no problems at all with the full site, sometimes it makes me want to rip my hair out. Which would point to what Vincent said. It's hit or miss, but definitely not limited to just the Evo.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Still no good go to option for facebook on Android. You have to use a mashup of apps and sites to do everything. It sucks. Bloo was looking good but I don't think anyone picked up development of it. It kinda just died. It was pretty full featured, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech