Anyone Else Jealous of the Desire HD's Hardware?

CubsFanForLife

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
The unibody aluminum design on the Desire HD is pretty slick. I like how the screen is all one shape, without the earpiece cutting into it. It's also more rounded and sleek, with higher quality looking buttons and such. And unibody constructions, just like on MacBooks, are awesome. Anyone think the next HTC Android feature phone on Sprint will look like that? I certainly hope so. (Oh, and a GSM radio and a sim card slot for traveling would be nice :)

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
With the size of the Evo's screen, there is no need for a physical keyboard. I don't think anything that comes out in the next 6 months will have bigger and better specs.

MaxO

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
the evo is nice for this year.. but as a sprint premier customer.. i need something sexy out of htc next summer.. no keyboard.. and top of the line everything.. and yes i want the screen just as big

49erfan

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Only improvement I would like to with the evo is:

Better battery life

Little bit lighter in weight

Better screen colors, especially when in sunlight

maybe a little thinner

4g doesn't slow down phone.

Other then that the phone is pretty good

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not jealous of the build quality (I think the EVO has excellent build quality) but I wouldn't mind some higher-end materials. Yeah the soft touch plastic has a great feel, but some aluminum wouldn't hurt. And an SLCD screen, too, but I don't think the Desire HD has that.

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
I usually get bored with phones pretty fast. Or a new phone trump what I just spent my precious money on in which I know is inevitable but with the Evo I'm pretty sure I can relax for atleast a year.

Sent from my Evo 4G. using tapatalk

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The specs that were listed for the Galaxy S 2 on Android Central caused a reaction in my pants...that's what I want!

I am very happy with my Evo, don't really miss a keyboard, which just got confirmed after playing with my friends Epic and watching the phone turn off if you closed the keyboard too fast.... But, the Epic has a distinct speed and smoothness advantage, just comparing the Asteroid Collision live wallpaper on the two phones was an envy inducing experience! And the colors really do look a lot better. Also, Reckless Racing runs ok on the Evo for the most part, but when things get busy on the screen, the framerate suffers. So, basically....prettier screen and more speed is what I need!

And the specs for the Galaxy S will definitely deliver on both fronts!

Oh...and to answer the question....nope, not jealous at all, except that it has the new Sense and we don't....yet...hopefully it's a yet. Also...that silly battery cover design won't let you put bigger batteries in like the Seidio 3500, I don't need one, but it would be nice to have the option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21