1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Listen to EVO in my car?

I have an interesting challenge. I have an Audi A4 convertible 2009 with bluetooth that enables me to talk on the phone with my EVO. I am not sure it is the "special" kind of bluetooth that will let me listen to music on my radio sent via the bluetooth to the car's speakers. If it is possible, I dont' know how to do it.

Also..is there anyway that I can broadcast via my EVO to an empty FM station? Has anyone ever heard of doing that? I just want to listen to music and no, there is NO aux jack in the car.

Thanks

Mike

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

There are 3 options Mike:

1. If your Audi has an Aux jack you can buy a aux cable and run it from your Evo's headphone jack to the Aux input on the car.

2. You can try a FM transmitter which sends the audio from your Evo to an empty FM station on your car stereo (these usually suck..I havent seen a good one yet)

3. Figure out if your Car supports 2DP (bluetooth audio streaming) which I doubt.

another thing you can try is a bluetooth kit for option 1. What this does is eliminate the need for the cable.
    Last edited by Trust; 10-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

ROM
    Liberty 1.5

4th option: FM modulator, its like adding an aux port to your stereo. you would have to pull our your stereo but theres no wiring, it just plugs into the antenna port.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

If there's a way to install an EQ with an aux feature to your radio, you can go that route.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinstlouis View Post
    I have an interesting challenge. I have an Audi A4 convertible 2009 with bluetooth that enables me to talk on the phone with my EVO. I am not sure it is the "special" kind of bluetooth that will let me listen to music on my radio sent via the bluetooth to the car's speakers. If it is possible, I dont' know how to do it.

Also..is there anyway that I can broadcast via my EVO to an empty FM station? Has anyone ever heard of doing that? I just want to listen to music and no, there is NO aux jack in the car.

Thanks

Mike
    Your car has an option for a cd changer. Contact a local car audio dealer/installer (preferably a good reputable shop) and they should be able to get an aux input adaptor that will allow the cd changer input to be an aux input. That would give you a headphone jack to plug into the phone to listen to music. A few companies make the adaptors, with the big ones being PAC and Scosche.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    Banned

Sell the Audi and buy a couple of Kia's. The evo streams via bluetooth or Aux cable like a charm......hehehe.

On a serious note, My previous Mazda 5 had the same issue so I installed something called an AuxMod module on the stock stereo and it worked great.

Thanks

Mike
    the best option that will solve anything including your bluetooth is to return your audi and get a BMW. you got an A4, which is kinda lame since its like the old 325i, for the money your spent, you could have gotten an m3
    Before Evo(blackberry tour):

Sprint Data 8/27 to 06/04 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 280,329KB/ Unlimited

After Evo:

Sprint Data 06/04 to 6/26 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 4,558,564KB/Unlimited

Evo with $30 mobile hotspot (no 4g)

Sprint Data 8/27 to 9/26
    Used. 54,205,343KB/ Unlimited

Mobile Hotspot record owner
    http://www.androidcentral.com/man-wh...s-worth-forums

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    the best option that will solve anything including your bluetooth is to return your audi and get a BMW. you got an A4, which is kinda lame since its like the old 325i, for the money your spent, you could have gotten an m3
    M3 yes but regular 3 series are nothing but poseur mobiles. Other than the M's , BMWs don't start until the 5 series .You could have lease recommended the A5. With that being said I find it hard to believe that the EVO wont pair with the Audi. You did read the owners manual right?
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    M3 yes but regular 3 series are nothing but poseur mobiles. Other than the M's , BMWs don't start until the 5 series .You could have lease recommended the A5. With that being said I find it hard to believe that the EVO wont pair with the Audi. You did read the owners manual right?
    He said it allows him to talk but not play music. Maybe it doesn't support A2DP.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by DEman19901 View Post
    with my 97 bmw 328i with an m3 engine, i can do bluetooth calling and streaming through my sony cd player with aux... so id recommend that.

works best with sprint navigation and slingbox playing at the same time since google navigation cuts the audio but googles is better
    Before Evo(blackberry tour):

Sprint Data 8/27 to 06/04 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 280,329KB/ Unlimited

After Evo:

Sprint Data 06/04 to 6/26 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 4,558,564KB/Unlimited

Evo with $30 mobile hotspot (no 4g)

Sprint Data 8/27 to 9/26
    Used. 54,205,343KB/ Unlimited

Mobile Hotspot record owner
    http://www.androidcentral.com/man-wh...s-worth-forums

I bought a LiquidAux adapter from Kensington that plugs into an AUX input in my car and into a car charger adapter -

Amazon.com: Kensington LiquidAUX Bluetooth Car Kit with Remote for Music Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories: Reviews, Prices & more

Looks like this:

Works perfectly with my Evo, and you don't see ANY wires (except for my car charger that is).

I've got the 2005 A4, and the radio that came with mine has the CD changer as well as the cassette deck. Never actually played a cassette, but it's been hooked up to the MP3 to cassette adapter for 5 years. Same deal, plug the phone headset jack to that adapter (if you have a cassette, many new cars for the last 10-ish years don't) and it works fine. Pandora radio works great for me that way.

Otherwise, one of those FM transmitters is probably your best bet.
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7