1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Default resetting the evo

I just wanted to share this cause I hear every now n then that some phones start getting slow or lagging, well I bought my EVO on launch day n it was fast n awesome well after a few months it started getting slow n lagging but I couldn't figure it out so I went a head and back up all my pics n songs, etc from my SD card, any important info. Then I just reset it the phone to factory settings and went ahead and install exactly the same apps that i had and put every single thing that I had bfore n guys its fast as hell again, it feels brand new all over again so I'm exited lime if I just bought it again, I tried it for a week bfore posting this just in case but my phone works like brand new again so just letting some ppl know that might have the same problem

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I was thinking of doing the same thing but it's a pain in the *** getting all your settings back to the way they were. I wish there was a way you can back up the settings too.

Thanks for the info. I got mine on launch day too and have not hard reset it yet. But i can just imagine all the junk software on it.
    Going from 2.1 to 2.2, then updates in 2.2, then all the apps being installed and then all the updates to the apps, then the apps i had and deleted. I bet its a mess in there.

I want to hard reset mine but waiting a bit longer till i decide if i am going to root or not. I want the wifi tether but i dont want to use other peoples roms. I like the stock rom. But i dont think i have all the info yet.

Thanks again for letting us know that a hard reset does indeed bring the speedieness back to the EVO.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post
    Thanks for the info. I got mine on launch day too and have not hard reset it yet. But i can just imagine all the junk software on it.
    Going from 2.1 to 2.2, then updates in 2.2, then all the apps being installed and then all the updates to the apps, then the apps i had and deleted. I bet its a mess in there.

I want to hard reset mine but waiting a bit longer till i decide if i am going to root or not. I want the wifi tether but i dont want to use other peoples roms. I like the stock rom. But i dont think i have all the info yet.

Thanks again for letting us know that a hard reset does indeed bring the speedieness back to the EVO.
    stop playing & root the Dang thing. Since u r n Dallas too I can come root it for you.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigwrigg View Post

If you root you can get a program like Titanium Backup to make hard resetting a bit easier.

There are also apps on the market you can use to backup your text messages to a google account so you don't lose them.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

R u saying that after rooting it will stop the lag???
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,883 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

When you flash a ROM you are basically factory resetting your phone (to whatever ROM you flashed of course). It's a fresh start. Wipes everything and starts fresh each time.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Can you get the same results ("faster running") by clearing cache? And then you wouldn't have to back-up anything that you weren't going to "clear", right????! (I really don't know, I'm just asking )
    If that is the case, how would you go about doing that?
    Live every day like it is your last...because it COULD be!