LeD Blinks orange and green means your batter has OverHeated.
Hey guys just letting everyone know that if your battery has started blinking orange and green while charging, it means your battery has overheated. I have a battery level widget on my homescreen, and while charging my battery while streaming a video it started blinking. Now I looked at my battery level widget and it said 90% with a red ! . I clicked on the widget and it said Your Battery Has Overheated. I started charging my battery at 35%, and decided to watch a few family Guy eps and it started blinking. It only happens every once in a blue moon. Also this is my standard battery that came with the Evo. Just wanted to give a heads up for Further reference to all my Evo (and other android) friends.
- 10-27-2010, 07:00 PM #2
Your welcome. If it does starting blinking, just unplug your phone and stop whatever app or thing that is using more battery then the charger can charge. Lots of streaming or any app that uses alot of CPU and data can have a huge drian on your battery, and when you try to charge while its using that much power the battery just stops charging indicating the battery can't charge more then the power consumption from the phone. It does not mean something is wrong, only after you stop or close the app that the CPU slows down and gives the battery more joice to charge. LoL I freaked out when I first noticed it and couldn't find anything online.
- 10-27-2010, 09:41 PM #4
- 10-28-2010, 12:56 AM #5
- 21 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
- MikFroyo4.4 w/stock
Ty for info, mine overheated once not while charging but watching a live stream, it was 120+ F. I put it in the freezer to cool a bit. Dam it was hot.
As long as you dont cover the back with like a blanket it would overheat probably cuz it needs air to cool it a bit to room temp.
Lol wow dude that's HOT. Yea I have the HTC rubber case on my Evo and it can create heat around the battery while streaming videos. I have also put mine in a freezer, well my wife's Evo as she dropped it in the toilet. Haha, but her cover kept the back from getting wet but water went thru he bottom and got the screen wet. So I used a heated to dry out he water and the freezer to cool it off.
- 10-28-2010, 09:31 AM #7
IMO - immediate sudden temperature extremes are probably not a good thing for electronics. i would try to avoid overheating and also avoid the freezer. just turn it off, unplug it, and let it cool down easy.
- 10-28-2010, 09:53 AM #8
- 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM #9