New OTA 3.30.651.2

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Just being tested by Sprint and HTC. OTA could be hours or weeks away.

Open a beer (if you're over 20), if it's not being pushed out after you finish, open another beer. Repeat as necessary.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just being tested by Sprint and HTC. OTA could be hours or weeks away.

Open a beer (if you're over 20), if it's not being pushed out after you finish, open another beer. Repeat as necessary.

Haha too bad I don't drink. In the mean time I will make fun of someone with an iPhone every hour - Its much more fun to argue with the Apple ppl

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm sitting in a sprint store now waiting to be seen to have my mobile hotspot chip replaced in my Evo. Sprint told me they were working on a update but I have had nothing but problems with his unit so I want them to swap it out.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"Mobile hotspot chip"? There's no such thing, it just uses the EVO's wifi. If they're replacing anything in that regard, they're replacing the whole phone.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
My understanding was that the update was "leaked" at the same time it was being provided to Sprint to test. Sprint could say no and HTC would have to fix the issues and then provide another build to Sprint. It might be awhile before you see it.

I am rooted and I installed it on my phone and I notice NO difference. No better battery life, no better performance, nothing! So you really aren't missing much.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The only improvement thus far has been no 4G device lag. That doesn't mean it isn't still there, it means I haven't had it since I installed this leaked update. I hope it does fix that issue though.

There are changes in the camera, but as to exactly what, is unknown at this point. It's nothing drastic.