USB "Disk Drive" not working on Windows suddenly

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I plug my rooted Vaelpak EVO in to my computer via USB that i always use to load ROMS, video and music. Well today, though the EVO is in DISK DRIVE mode, my W7 computer doesn't see it.

I have rebooted both computer and phone and tried different USB ports and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How long have you let it sit in USB drive mode while plugged in? Sometimes the SD card is bogged down and can take upwards of a minute to appear.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
have you tried a different computer? just to rule things out and ensure that is it a phone issue. it is possible it is a driver issue not loading on the w7 comp. you'd want to just see if the drivers and stuff load correctly on a different computer.

if you have no luck with the other computer.... um.. try another ROM after a nandroid backup? that's what I would do next.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I would also pull the battery out to see if that changes anything. May not do any good but won't do any harm either.

Doc

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If possible, try another USB cable. My original USB worked for a little while then suddenly stopped working and would do the same. Called HTC and the dude asked to try another USB cable. Used my gf's and worked perfect. Give it a shot, let us know if it worked or not.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i had the problem once. then htc came out with an updated sync software. no problems since.

if you don't have the latest htc sync software. you can download it from sprint.com/downloads. it's basically the same software but an updated driver for win7.

it was a common problem not too long ago.

Reactions: sveilien

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
i had the problem once. then htc came out with an updated sync software. no problems since.

if you don't have the latest htc sync software. you can download it from sprint.com/downloads. it's basically the same software but an updated driver for win7.

it was a common problem not too long ago.

That did it! Thanx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463