EVO reading WAV files

larrykelli

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get WAV files to read on EVO phones?

My office had the same issue when we all had HTC sliders & we winded up having to go back to Blackberrys. According to Sprint, it seems that Blackberry devices are the only ones that are MADE or equipt to handle WAV files. Our office is set up the same way, we receive our voicemails as WAV file attachments in our Outlook inboxes. This way, we can get them while away without having to phone into your voicemail box.

Sprint suggested that I come here, to these Forums, to see if anyone out there knows a way to get them to work. I really want the EVO but when I did a test in the Sprint store by sending a voicemail via email, it wouldn't read the format. I would like to find a seamless way to get it to work! Does anyone know how?

wadester

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I had the same problem when we activated our voicemail attachment feature. Someone suggested Remote Wave (in Market) which works great, for a small fee. After you download it, click on a WAV attachment in the Mail app and it will ask which app you want to open it with.

larrykelli

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I heard from others that Remote Wave doesn't work, so I just want to make sure there's a way to accomplish this small task before getting the phone. I don't want to get the phone & then find out that won't work. Even though Sprint had the 30 days return policy, there's a restocking fee.

ejc1214

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought WavPlayer from the market for $.99 and it has worked flawlessly for the past month or so. The developer is constantly updating and making it better. Well worth the money...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance