Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo laging when 4g is on?

Whenever I turn on the 4g on my evo, the phone lags horribly. Anyone else with this problem?

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There have already been a bunch of posts on this, but yeah, my evo sucks when 4G is on. Extremely disappointed with this since I have full 4G bars in my house. Never really had this problem before the update. Hopefully a fix will come out soon.

the temporary fix that i know of is update your profile
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

what profile?

Go to system. Updates. Update profile.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the temporary fix that i know of is update your profile
    Profile update does not help my laggy Evo on 4G. Sometimes the lag can last as long as 5 second when changing pages or exiting a program. Other times, the lag is hardly noticeable or at least tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Biffer View Post
    Profile update does not help my laggy Evo on 4G. Sometimes the lag can last as long as 5 second when changing pages or exiting a program. Other times, the lag is hardly noticeable or at least tolerable.
    my lag was worse than yours then and updating the profile would work for me

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

I've been really disappointed with 4G. I was excited when I went to Chicago knowing they have 4G and my area doesn't. Turned it on and my Evo was slower (browsing, etc.) than on 3G back home...WTF! I'm starting to think this whole 4G thing is marketing hype and I don't see how they justify charging an extra $10/month for a technology that hasn't even proven itself.

I also experienced this. However, rebooting my phone seemed to fix it. My phone runs just as fast and smooth with 4G on now. I know this seems like a simple fix, but it worked for me...

has happened to me before....but it hasn't happened in a while now.

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vaelpak 2.3 Ziggy Kernel

works flawless for me but I am rooted and running a custom rom and kernel.
    HTC Evo 4G running OTA 3.70.651.5 (Rooted) with Netarchy SBC Kernel 4.2.2

The profile update made my 4g at home and my phone not laggy anymore. I need to go to bigger cities to try now.

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

I turned on 4G and then the Android System Info app. With 4G on, the Android System task was running a steady 9% or so of CPU. I turned 4G off and it dropped off to a more erratic 0-4%.

Dave

ROM
    Blazer

here is the deal. Good solid 4G like downtown Atlanta and no battery drain. Spotty 4G like Sugar Hill, Ga indoors and battery life suffers severly.

Moral of story? Don't run service that must be reacquired over and over. Kills battery.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

A reboot usually is a temporary fix for me... It seems to come back eventually though...
    jxc

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

I and seven of my friends with EVO's have the same problem, i have called sprint and htc and they do not help, they seem to think that if i turn my phone in to the warranty department for fixing that it will help, even though i am telling them that a brand new evo in the sprint store also does the same thing. HTC claims that they havent heard of the problem before.

I have done a factory reset and other things and nothing helps but restarting the phone every time i turn off 4g.

I think sprint and htc have turned a blind eye on this issue since it looks like a good number of people are having this issue.

Well, I'm in Teterboro right now. I didn't know if 4g was available here, so I turned 4g on just for kicks. After a rather lengthy scan, I actually got an excellent connection with no system lag, and download speed of almost 11mbps! Now if it could just work like this all the time...

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

In my area I have 4g more often than not....and my 4g really kicks *** when its running...oh but the time when I stuck in a 3g area I can really see the difference.....now thats lag!!!!!
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sense 3.0

i was actually coming online to post about my phone lagging with 4g turned on, pretty much the only time i can use 4g is when i use tethering otherwise the phone is so laggy i cant use it! This happened on stock fw and i have since flashed evio2 and its still happening, it wasnt like this before froyo so not sure what the deal is!!