Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default EVO for $89.00

It is all back end rebates and stuff but it comes to $89.00. Here is the link

StudentRate - Deal / Sprint HTC EVO StudentRate Member Discount
    Banned

I think they are running a new promotion for November - First 200 people who get the phone get an extra $20 rebate from HTC... So brings the total price to $69 with all the rebates and stuff

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

wow.....what a deal.

Do you have to be an undergrad?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Banned

No you do not have to be an undergrad or grad. This is for everyone that has an edu email and associated with a higher education.

This is a great find. Thanks for posting it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

I just checked the srt site. it says 69 dollars vs 104 on a recent email i just got from them on friday. any reason why.

i got the same email, it is the way they are calculating the car charger in the email they left it out on the site it is included in the calculation
    Banned

HTC EVO - $299
    Mail-in Rebate - $(100.00)
    $50.00 Account Credit - $(50.00)
    StudentRate Rebate - $(25.00)
    HTC Rebate through StudentRate* - $(20.00)
    Free Car Charger - $(35.00)
    STUDENTRATE PRICE - $69.00

*First 200 purchases starting from Nov 3, 2010 (new lines, add a lines and new Sprint Customers are eligible)

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Thanks for Posting this! This deal pushed me over to make my decision to try out this Android OS thing that everyone is talking about! haha
    I had a couple of bad days recntly w/ my Pre so I finally decided to jump ship! Im sure I'll be happy w/ the switch (though I'll probably jump back to my "loyal" Palm roots if/when HP/Palm ever come out w/ quality hardware!), anyone have any reccomendations for a good car mount?

I am really thinking of switching to Sprint and get the Evo, I heard such great reviews about the device... This deal is hard to resist when you 're a student
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Just got an email from them I think it is a limited number of rebates and they still have come left.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpatience View Post
    Just got an email from them I think it is a limited number of rebates and they still have come left.
    yeah they also added some more. i am also on their mailing list.

They added some more?? I thought it was only 200 rebate checks...
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Banned

it looks like they did. they are also very helpful on the customer service side. making up for the sucky sprint customer service

yeah -- check out the activation fee and shipping chargers, studentrate's is a better deal
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Banned

I just got this email yesterday from them. It looks like all you have to do is to know a member. Here is an email you can use as a members email to sign up. Enter this email mrpatience1@live.com when it asks for the members email it should work.

We are now open for your friends and family to join the StudentRate community.

How Does It Work?
    Your friend or family member can visit StudentRate - Local and National Student Discounts and use their own email address (all email extensions will work e.g., .com, .net .us etc) to register,
    Select “I am a family member of a Student” during registration
    Enter your, when required, email address (.edu or alternate)
    They will receive an activation email automatically and can take advantage of thousands of deals/discounts.
    So -- invite them now, spread the word.

This seems like a really good deal. I'm looking to switch from Verizon. 2 lines with data. Can someone comment on how this might compare to Employee Referral Program in terms of monthly costs?

Also, any reason I can't sign up for a family plan on this deal and get 2 Evos with all the same rebates on each one?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by n8mack33 View Post
    Also, any reason I can't sign up for a family plan on this deal and get 2 Evos with all the same rebates on each one?
    You should be able to get the rebates. i would ask them.

thanks this seems like a greaat deal, but what would the price end up as for an upgrading customer. I really don't understand which rebates i get and if i would get the same rebates on the epic 4g deal
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  
    Banned

i think the new lines or customers get the sweeter deal (naturally) but the same deal applies to the epic 4g as well.

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

So has anyone done this and wants to speak of it's success? It seems like a nice deal, but the directions of having to email them some information afterwards seems kind of shady..

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Microsoft did the same thing with Windows 7 for students with an ".edu" account. Kind of a pain, but so worth the deep discount. Go for it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast