Qik update

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It's a pity, but I think that it is too late.... I mean the push to talk thing was horrible so many people already uninstalled or forgot about it.... they should have fixed that long time ago :(

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I like yahoo but bottom line is not working either so they too need to get on the ball n I'm not gonna uninstall anything into there's an app in the future that works flawlessly so in the meantime tango n qik WILL B ON MY PHONE, they work better than nothing

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, I don't need to have phone to PC (or to iPhone) video chat, as the only person I chat with is Wifey, who has an EVO. The recent update seems to have good video and an improved UI, and QIK has always been more reliable than Tango / Fring / Yahoo for me.

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The new Qik for EVO is now similar to the new Qik Video Chat app that comes preloaded on the HTC MyTouch 4G. The quality of the video is better and the sound is decent. Don't knock it til you try it. ;-)

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it works fantastic for me. Sound and picture quality are much improved, and now that the walkie talkie thing is gone, i'm happy.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a weird Qik problem, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it: after I've used Qik, the next phone call I get automatically answers in speakerphone mode. In order to turn it off, I have to "turn on" speakerphone, and then turn it off again.

Just curious if I'm unique, or if anyone else has seen it.

brownhornet

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Considering how many of my contacts have evos/my touch's/epics now I use qik more than any of the others. The yahoo video is janky, tango is a battery killer and fring quality just plain sucks.

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a weird Qik problem, and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it: after I've used Qik, the next phone call I get automatically answers in speakerphone mode. In order to turn it off, I have to "turn on" speakerphone, and then turn it off again.

Just curious if I'm unique, or if anyone else has seen it.

You're not alone. I get the same thing. Just one of those bugs I guess... :)

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Considering how many of my contacts have evos/my touch's/epics now I use qik more than any of the others. The yahoo video is janky, tango is a battery killer and fring quality just plain sucks.

I really like the new Qik. But Tango is cool too, and it's been updated also. It no longer drains the battery, atleast not on my EVO.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
new one should be version 0.04.60.2

go to the marketplace - menu - my downloads and locate Qik (Qik for HTC EVO 4G if you have one since it's optimized for the EVO).

i'm liking it quite a bit. the recent update went through my contacts and located friends that also have qik installed (and their user id) so i could contact them. i had no idea some of my buddies also had EVOs.

as long as you follow the "rules" of video conferencing (i.e. good lighting, no background noise, use wifi/4G and minimal movement) it worked fantastically.

:cool:

what version is the new one? how do you update?

aphxtwinin

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
ok great thanks, but now i have 2 versions of qik, the one that came with the phone and the updated one i just dl in the store...also i didnt see a Qik for Evo only Qik and Qik for Tmobile
edit: still sux but I do not have the version you do, the only version i found in the store was 03.765

Last edited:

kenlperry

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
ok great thanks, but now i have 2 versions of qik, the one that came with the phone and the updated one i just dl in the store...also i didnt see a Qik for Evo only Qik and Qik for Tmobile
edit: still sux but I do not have the version you do, the only version i found in the store was 03.765

If you have an EVO(and even if you don't), you should see in the Market an app called Qik for HTC EVO 4G. That's the one you need to install. The T-Mobile Video Chat app looks the same as the Qik for EVO, but the version number is different. I had the T-Mobile app working fine on my EVO before the Qik for EVO was updated. I've since uninstalled the T-Mobile app. Search again, you should be able to find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair