Gmail not sending email notifications ?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I've had my EVo since July and of course I set up Gmail to sync whenever I get an email or every 15 minutes something like that. It has worked fine up until this morning. Every morning when I wake up I have at least 10 emails , this morning I looked at my phone and I had no emails showing. I hit refresh and then 15 emails showed up. I restarted the phone thinking that was the problem. Well it's still doing it, just now when I got back from lunch I hit the refresh button and my gmail sent me 10 messages.. Anyone else having problems with Gmail not sending email notifications within the past few days ? or is just me ?

Thanks

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
"Ok so I've had my EVo since July and of course I set up Gmail to sync whenever I get an email or every 15 minutes something like that. "

also curious how you're able to have it sync every 15 minutes....
are you using Tasker for this ability?

running Stock--i can only choose which items to sync (contacts/gmail/calendar) on a particular Google Account, but in no way the frequency of checking in (which you can do with Weather/Stocks/News)

i have had this issue before, but it was really just a data connection issue (for me)
if you're at home, are you running on Wifi or 3g/4g?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
No I'm not using another mail to push or anything like that. I must have been thinking that I could alter the frequency of which my gmail sent me my mail.. Maybe the palm pre had that ability,I honestly dont remember..

When I am at home I am on Wifi and the router is literally 10 feet from my phone so I have an amazing connection at home. At work I'm on 3g and and I have full bars and never have any problems..

It's really weird this morning my phone just stopped sending me my gmail notifications , I will see them if I manually update but even that takes a few minutes. I have restarted my phone a few times today and even pulled the battery. Well bummer it sounds like I am the only one with this problem today.. Hopefully whatever it is will fix itself.. cause I have no idea what's going on with phone..

pkn068

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem today. Clearing the cache hasn't helped. I'm hoping its a gmail thing but it doesn't look like enough people are having the issue to be that. Any other ideas?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I cleared the cache, thanks for the tip BTW. I have no updates, I check all the time..

Anyway glad to hear I'm not the only one having problems.I talked to some of myf riends who use Gmail but use a Pal pre, Iphone , some other android phone and they all said that their Gmail is working just fine.. Whatever it is I'm guessing it will just sort itself out in a few days. Thanks for all replys !

Alterationx10

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The same thing has been happening to me today. I'm running the latest version of GMail from the market (2.3), and I've tried clearing the cache several times. My EMail still isn't pushing to the phone.

cableguy322

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
yes i had same problem. i noticed gmail did 2 updates today and ever since then it stopped syncing. I deleted acct and added it again and seems to be working. htc incredible

**update 8:25 EST*** still not syncing to phone. It will if i manually refresh.

Last edited:

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine hasn't been syncing since last night either. I have tried to clear cache and data and it will sync right after that but won't stay synced. Otherwise today it has only synced on hard reset of phone or manually sync.

I have tried to remove and add back my email but it is telling me I can't unless I reset to factory defaults. I have tried adding another Gmail account to delete the first one but it still will not let me delete it.

Let me try going online manually and logging out/in and see if that helps...nope.

KDAGNATION

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I had been having the same problems today too. What I did was clear the cache and then cleared the data in both "Gmail" and "Gmail Storage". Either what I did worked or I quit having the problem at the same time. Whatever the case, it seems to be working now.

Hope that helps someone!

Raidz1

Apr 27, 2010
www.area-59.net
I too am having this problem of GMail not pushing the notifications. Started last night to my knowledge, & all day long today. I did not receive one email notification. But when I manually check for it they all show up.