Completely naked Evo users, please read

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I have some cheap rubber shell on mine, naked screen. I work in a warehouse so I need the protection. I am so use to it I cannot stand holding the phone without it.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk pro.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Post removed by me due to modearator merged with existing thread and now the comment looks stupid, out of place, and rude. Sorry.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the Barely There case. It's been great so far. The screen protector it came with is by far the best I've used. Doesn't feel sticky or tacky like the stealth guards and invisible shields I had on prior. It's just like glass.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
i have a otterbox commuter,i love it. this phone is in my pocket every day and i take it out just to look at it all the time,im still in awe.lol. but the commuter is the perfect size i think. i got it off ebay for 22.00. and i believe it will save me one day. just my input all....EVO MOFO.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I would love a case but I carry my phone on my belt and Sprint didn't have any that attached to the belt except the leather pouch. I bought the pouch but it's so tight there aren't any cases I can buy and still fit the phone in the case. So, I guess I'm naked. :(

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I would love a case but I carry my phone on my belt and Sprint didn't have any that attached to the belt except the leather pouch. I bought the pouch but it's so tight there aren't any cases I can buy and still fit the phone in the case. So, I guess I'm naked. :(

belt clip is not a good look.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to buy skins and cases for my phones but not anymore. I have insurance so if something happens to it, I will get it replaced. I like the feel of it without the case and screen protector. The phone looks better too.

MandyLynn

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I have had my White Evo for 2 weeks- I tried it nude for a while, but dont like the fingerprints on my screen, so I have opted for the matte screen protector. I also have a skin on the battery door, but it doesnt add any bulk to it. I got it from Skinit, but I dont really care for it, its got sharp edges. I had one on my BB storm, I will have to figure out where I got that one from as it was more pliable. The rigidity is why I took it off the front. I love the white of it- and it still shows around the perimeter of the phone, so it looks pretty cool.

mysterfix

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a full body skin on my phone but have not bothered to install another one since I got my phone replaced due to hardware issues.

I did do a few scratch test at the shop where I work before I turned the other one in to sprint. Bottom line is it's near impossible to scratch the screen unless your trying to. I used screwdrivers, utility knifes, wrenches and coins. After all of that the screen still did not have a mark on it. So for me there is no need to waist money on a screen protector.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm still using a Pre that has been naked from day one. I am going to be picking up an Evo very soon and I have no intentions of covering it up either. Like someone else mentioned earlier these device manufacturers spend a lot of time and effort in getting thier phones to feel a certain way when held so why mess with that. Plus if the screen is as scratch resistant as everyone says all the more reason not to mess with it.

Scratches on the back or sides don't really matter to me... shoot I dropped my Pre off of the roof of my house... it literally slid face down from the peak of the roof bounced off the gutter and landed in my back yard... now it looks like hell but still works just fine... well aside from the other issues it has.

callderek#AC

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I hear ya slow-s10, my Pre was always naked and my Evo is too. The screen is big but the phone is flat so it actually feels better in my front pocket than the Pre did.

RickMG

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
well try a otterbox defender.that comes with a belt clip. its cyber monday,prolly get a good deal on one today.lol:cool:
It looks great but the price is very high, even today, for the one with the belt clip. Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind.

"belt clip is not a good look" :D

Heck Gekko, I'm not a good look. :)

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I bought the otterbox, I love it. I used to have the anti-glare screen protector with a case from best buy. It was alright. I bought the otterbox, and I love it. I love the screen protector with it... full screen coverage from top to bottom, and the case is great. It's a hard shell with silicon lining. So if it drops it's protected with a tiny bit of shock absorbing.

But I love my EVO naked. I love being able to put it in the car mount from HTC, as well as the sleek look. But I won't compromise damaging the phone because I like the way it looks...

bnrbranding

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Launch day Evo, been naked for all but about 4 weeks when I had a Zagg on it. Had to warranty the Zagg and never put it back on.

I beat the crap out of my phone and it has 1 tiny scratch on the screen down near the buttons. It has a little bit of red showing on one of the corners from an unfortunate drop.

chrisz

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Just received my barely there case and this thing is great. Adds no noticeable bulk and does not really change the appearance of the device.I actually think it looks better from the front. My wife and kids did not even notice I put a case on.I feel good that my camera lens is now protected.

Sent using taptalk.

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
From reading this people have nicks on the corner of their phones from not using cases. I love going naked on mu evo as well and love the feel but I do got a thick plastic clear case I put on sometimes but I do prefer the naked feel . But if I were you I would for sure get a screen protector. It doesn't make any difference on the feel and scratching a screen is a automatic bust for me . Get a clear one if needed. I'm actually ruining of buying a case soon. Maybe the otterbox but they don't have white. :(

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that uses a screen protector experienced dust under the screen?

I used a screen protector for the first 2 months and when I decided to go completely naked I noticed I have some dust under the top left portion of the screen. It is not much but it is noticeable when the screen is off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira