Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TXT History unexpectedly erased on EVO

I just noticed tonight that my entire TXT history is gone. There were no updates to the phone that I'm aware of. Some apps were updated via the app market throughout the day.

Has anyone experienced this? Know what caused it? Should I be on the look out for anything else about to happen to my phone? It's set to only keep 200 TXTs per conversation. I'm not too terribly worried about the lost TXTs (though would have preferred to keep them), but more concerned about what caused it.
    HTC One
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Stock app or not? I'm not saying I know what caused it, but other people have been reporting some strange behavior with handcent lately.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Stock app. Stock android 2.2 too. I'm not rooted or using any mods.
    HTC One
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You're the first I've heard of this happening too, but obviously I can't speak for everyone. If you've had it set that way for a while and haven't changed anything lately maybe it was just a quirk.

This happened to me on Oct 23rd. I primarily use Handcent, but the texts were erased in the stock app as well. I checked the settings in both apps & I didn't have a limit set on conversations or overall text messages.

Interested to hear what caused this as well.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

There's an app out there, I forget what it's called, but it will send a backup copy of your SMS messages to your gmail account, I know it's too late now but maybe a good idea if you want some backup.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by thefredelement View Post
    There's an app out there, I forget what it's called, but it will send a backup copy of your SMS messages to your gmail account, I know it's too late now but maybe a good idea if you want some backup.
    SMS Backup+
    Great app. You can even restore your messages but I use MyBackupPro for that. I prefer to use SMS Backup+ as an archiving tool as it's much easier to search and read old messages on Gmail.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000

i always erase my text messages after reading. unlike email, texts are short relatively unimportant mundane messages with a short shelf life for me that do not need to be saved.

Friend with an Incredible hit me up on Facebooka few days ago with the same complaint. Stock SMS AP too
    How to flash a rom on your htc Evo
    Proud owner of a CR-48--My review of my CR-48

iPhone > Instinct > Hero > Evo 4G > Evo 3D

Evo 3D OOWNNSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twitter

PS3- SpiderMonkee
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,003 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Maybe it's a problem with the HTC messaging client. I've never had this problem with Handcent, nor have I heard of anyone using handcent having this problem.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Hmm. Well, maybe someone else will see this if they've run into the same problem. So far, the few TXTs I've had since I noticed this are still on the phone.

It's rather annoying. There were a few TXT threads I would have liked to have kept.
    HTC One

ROM
    MikG 3.11/AnthraX

Mine erased all my news feeds today...
    Only thing I can think of that I did was update my Google Translate