cannot send messages from 2 phones.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
just wanted to see if anybody was having problems or just me... right now since midnight .. epic AND evo cannot sent or receive txt messages...

I can make phone calls, but both phones get message failure when trying to send txt messages.

My evo is rooted and epic is not, but nother one works for texting. I have put in airplane mode on and off and restarted and still does not fix the problem. As soon as you hit SEND almost immediately gives the error message. Both shows 3G as active and have reception bars.

I am here in El Paso, TX. anybody else having problems?

EDIT: also... someone has told me locally that T-MOBILE is having the same problem here...

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
maybe there is a regional tower having problems ...

if anybody wants to try to test and SEND to my phone, its # and see if you get an undeliverable to my #. or what happens, or maybe it will get spooled in the server and delivered when it comes back up and well see the time stamp on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i physically have a tmobile phone in my hand also and it seems to be working. I sent a message to my sprint phone and it went OUT from tmobile phone, but i have not received it on sprint phone, so tmobile seems to be good.

I was only aware of this problem because my girlfriend works at nights, and shes off tonight, so shes up watching TV and texting her friends, and came in while i was laying down to show me the problem.

I GET CAUSE CODE: 107 error class: 2

then get SMS TERMINATION DENIED cause code: 98 error class: 2

then message popped up again and same cause code but error class: 3

1:17 just received a message from myself now...

Last edited:

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
dallas tx, same thing i hit the details button and it says cause code: 98 and error class: 2

That's exactly what I'm seeing! I thought the root was going haywire or something, or I'd have to go through resetting my phone.

The timechange issue has and is causing more screwups than Y2K ever did! :mad:

I hope Sprint gets this sorted out by morning..

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
now both of the phones are half working.... sometimes the test to each other go through and sometimes we receive, sometimes no.. but im texting the time im sending the message and there is a big delay they come in like 6 minutes late, but alot of them dont even go out.

so looks like its starting back up maybe. well see. so yeah that was about an hour so far

Last edited:

cwparts

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Sprint. Sprint is experiencing a nationwide SMS outage and will be back up by 6:00am. Time to get those vocal chords warmed up!

Reactions: EVO1Android

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes