Help, no 3g data

jonaddis84

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
First of all, Im rooted with baked snack 1.9, but this shouldnt be the issue. Ive been running the same exact setup for the past 2 weeks and this just started yesterday or today.

Phone works fine, can make phone calls and send/receive text messages. Wifi internet connection works fine. But when I am on a cell tower I have no data connection. 3G symbol is in the status bar. Mobile data is turned on, always on mobile data is turned on. Ive turned them all off and back on several times. Reflashed BS1.9 just to get a fresh start. Rebooted phone several times.

What am I missing? Could this be a hardware issue? Oh, its not the sprint service, as it works on my gf's device fine.

Thanks for any help

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
There is something going on with 3g right now and it's been well documented. If you switch to WiFi everything will start working again. It's not your phone.

jonaddis84

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh I see that now, thanks. Evos must not have the ability to use 1x data? On my gf's sprint Palm pre the internet was working fine, but its possible I was on 1x not 3g

kast107

May 17, 2010
Visit site
3G is slow, as is 4G. However, the problem appears to be accessing Google apps such as the market, Gtalk and even the Google website. This post explains a little more.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/43415-anyone-else-having-data-issues-google.html

I also posted a link in there to the XDA site that has more instances of this happening. wmchurch is right, everything seems to work once on wifi, but it is Sprint's network that is the main problem.

jonaddis84

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah must be sprint issues because I cannot use the browser at all, however, every once in awhile I would get gmail pushes, and a website I had started loading 10 minutes ago would finally be done loading. Same thing though, once on wifi everything is ok.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue. This started for me last night. Gmail will only rarely sync. Facebook will not work. Marketplace will not work. Any google services wont work. Web browser does work, but only spareingly and its VERY slow. Oddly, I was able to stream Slacker Radio but performance seemed terrible in regards to buffering songs. Thats normally not an issue...

Phones DOES seem to work ok when im connected to 4G network. But its much slower then 4G normally is. Phone only works as it should on WiFi.

Running stock 2.2 with latest updates. Not running any task killers. Not rooted. Tried updating my profile, updated the PRL. Nothing worked. Rebooted phone, no effect. I hope they fix this crap soon....

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I am doing this testing while inside my house. The signal strength in my house is very strong (always a solid 6 bars) and I always get data download speeds of around 1mbps on 3G in my house. So signal strength is NOT an issue in my case

EDIT 2 - Got off the horn with sprint. Confirmed that there is indeed an outage. They said that it should be resolved "soon". They would not give me too many details about said outage but it seems to be more or less nationwide obviously. Someone at XDA also reported this as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463