The "System" process is peaked at 100%

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I use System Panel Lite to identify when apps/processes are causing problems. Recently and randomly, the "System" process will start pegging out the processor at 100% and no matter how long I let the phone sit (10 hrs even) the "System" process never finishes what ever it is doing (you can not 'end task' it). My EVO is slow and laggy when this happens. All I can do is reboot and that fixes the issue until the next time it randomly happens.

Any advice on where to start troubleshooting?

PS I am rooted with the latest Fresh ROM.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah...is 4G on? This happens to me kinda randomly when 4G is on. 4G will make the phone peak out at 100% usage for no apparent reason. Making the phone slow and laggy. Only solution is a reboot.

Oddly, it has not happened to me for a few weeks now despite me increasing my 4G usage (its rolling out fairly well in cleveland). So I guess its random...

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
Next time the system is pegging the cpu, adb in and run the "top" command. It might give you a bit more info than just system.

Tried that, everything in view on the command window shows 0% though it looks like there might be too much info for the command window to show at once (it only caches so many lines).

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
This is still happening even after i have completely wiped the phone and installed everything from scratch (VP3.0 still),

The mystery system process runs my battery down fast, though no app appear to be doing anything.

A screenshot:

PS: Battery dropped 13% more in the 14 minutes since this was captured.

snap20110215_165659.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool