1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New sense update rumers?

So when is it coming? Any dates I don't know about?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Is it going to be with 2.3 or a different update?

2.3? I was under the impression there weren't really going to be any more updates to Froyo, and we were going straight to Gingerbread...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mdorty View Post
    2.3? I was under the impression there weren't really going to be any more updates to Froyo, and we were going straight to Gingerbread...?
    Gingerbread will be tagged as "2.3".
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

So more in likely its going to be in 2.3.

Global Posts
    457 Global Posts

I think this is in reference to a new software version that will be shipping with new EVOs sometime this month. I believe different camera hardware is requiring the update. I hadn't heard this would be pushed to existing EVOs out here, though...
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm talking about new HTC sense that I think comes on the desire hd. Is the EVO going to get it?

I thought gingerbread was 3.0...?

EDIT: nope, just looked it up. Dunno where I got that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mdorty View Post
    I thought gingerbread was 3.0...?
    Nope, it has been confirmed it will be 2.3

Don't expect the next major Android update (2.3/Gingerbread) until February, seriously. It took HTC 3 months to get Froyo out after Froyo was released by Google. No reason to expect anything different here.

Of course, that's assuming they even release an update for the EVO, they have made no such promises.