Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is anyone else receiving this OTA 3.30.651.3 update?

I'm receiving constant notice of an upgrade to OTA 3.30.651.3 which is claims to be anywhere from 6.37MB's to 237MB's, YES THAT IS THE CORRECT - 3.30.651.3. This IS NOT the 3.30.651.2 the New EVO 4G's will receive because of a new hardware item (camera).

That is the funny thing, I have the 002 hardware version from launch day on June 4th courtesy of Best Buy!

After performing a nandroid backup (running Caulkin's 3.30.651.2 De-Odexed - Thank You!) and after several attempts to apply this new update it hangs with only a small portion of the update partially installed which then a hard reset is needed to snap the EVO out of it.

Can anybody explain or help me with this please?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is anyone else receiving this OTA 3.30.651.3 update?-3.30.651.3.jpg  

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Is there anyway you can pull a adb logcat and post it here? If not can you grab aLogcat from market and open it and let it run in background and after that update pops up send the log to me or post it here?

If you want to keep root don't apply the update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Will do, my dad was just rushed to the hospital so I'll do as soon as I can.

Thanks for your fast reply!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey did screen shot even show up, I don't see it.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by JLG1985 View Post
    Hey did screen shot even show up, I don't see it.
    Yeap its showing on my end. Thanks and take your time family first above all else.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Locked - Stock

I just checked the HTC Update under Settings -> Software Updates and I was offered this update. I am applying it now....

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't see any thing

Nothing here either...hardware version 3
    Last edited by billgio; 11-11-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Would like more info on this update

Yes, I have the update also. Supposedly with Unrevoked Forever, I should be able to apply this and still keep root. Has anyone else tried downloading and installing this OTA with Unrevoked Forever? Did you keep root?

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    ROM
    Locked - Stock

So far, so good. Installed without a problem. It took 2 or 3 re-boots and about 5 minutes of updating stuff after it restarted with the new version.

BTW... mine is Hardware Version 002.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Sometimes updates get to others faster.I think the phone is set to check but if you go into settings like listed above you see if you get luck and it shows up.If not just wait a little while and it will. If someone does get the notice could they do like i said in post 2 so we can have the link for it.
    Thanks.

Check this link over at XDA...

[ROM]RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.30.651.2_Radio_2.15. 00.09.01_NV_1.77_003_release - xda-developers

It references the leaded 3.30.651.2 back on 10/27...

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So what's in the update?

Global Posts
    746 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0REDSOX7 View Post
    Check this link over at XDA...

[ROM]RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.30.651.2_Radio_2.15. 00.09.01_NV_1.77_003_release - xda-developers

It references the leaded 3.30.651.2 back on 10/27...
    Yeah, 3.30.651.2 was leaked a couple weeks ago, but this version being discussed here is 3.30.651.3.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Tapatalk

kd0axs, I am aware it was leaked a few weeks ago, but the version number change is oh so minor, so I am curious if the changes are the same, with maybe on or two add-ons...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Default The Update is Definitely 3.30.651.3

I'm tryimg to get that info, but my dad's keeping me busy @ the hospital (like all day) I'm sorry about that,

Jim
    Last edited by JLG1985; 11-11-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Take your time

Default Ota 3.30.651.3

It must be for the camera issue. I just bought my phone and it came with 3.30.651.2. When I upgraded qik from the market and it accessed the camera the phone would reboot. Sprint has a report out on it...

Support - Article

Just applied the update. Updated qik for Evo from the market.. The phone no longer reboots!

Process - Downloads, reboots, does more (% progress bar)

HTC Evo 4G - non-rooted
    Software # 3.30.651.3
    Hardware version 0004

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I just checked for both a Software AND Firmware upgrade and got nothing.

I'm running a non-rooted launch day EVO, hardware vers. 0003, with software 3.29.651.5

any thoughts why I havent seen anything yet? is this only for new and 0002 Evo's?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic13 View Post

I'm running a non-rooted launch day EVO, hardware vers. 0003, with software 3.29.651.5

any thoughts why I havent seen anything yet? is this only for new and 0002 Evo's?

It will come just give it a little time.You could always try reboot or going in and out of airplane mode to see if that triggers the update. If not probably with in the next 24 hours when your phone checks for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic13 View Post

I believe it's only for the 3.30.651.2 Devices... According to Sprint, this version is due to a hardware change in manufacturing and has the same functionality of 3.29.651.5. You probably won't see the update.

From Sprint:

Nov 11, 2010
    11/11 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.30.651.3 (newly purchased devices only)
    HTC EVO Maintenance Release - 3.30.651.3

Fixes:
    Reboot when accessing Qik or other video chat apps

Important Notes:
    There is a second maintenance release available for those New EVOs purchased (starting sometime in November). The newly manufactured EVOs are using a different manufacturer's part and software version 3.30.651.2 (released on 11/4). All EVOs on software version 3.30.651.2 should apply this new second maintenance release 3.30.651.3.

Sofware version 3.30.651.3 is not required for all EVOs and will not be distributed to those not utilizing the new manufacturer's part. If your device was purchased previous to November and is on version 3.29.651.5, your software is considered current.

Please refer to the HTC EVO Maintenance Releases blog for install instructions and subscribe to receive updates. You can access the blog here.

I was offered the update but cancelled out of it without doing anything since I wasn't sure if the update was safe to do. I'm rooted and running the MikFroyo ROM. I should NOT do the update, is that correct? (Clearly I'm an Android noob, sorry!)

/Kevin

I received the OTA within the past 30 minutes & can confirm that it's fixed the issue with Qik causing a reboot. With that said, my version of Qik is 0.03.72, & I know there was a newer version in the Market before it was pulled. Maybe it's back now that this update has been issued...

David
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast